N405GJ

747-400, wait for PMDG or go iFly?

If you are seriously interested in the 744, then this is the only way to go:

www.aerowinx.com

Walter

If you are seriously interested in the 744, then this is the only way to go:

www.aerowinx.com

Walter

Best option if you are building or have a hardware cockpit, especially a 744, else with no VC it's a non starter for me! I want to feel I'm flying a plane not a panel!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

But you really think iFly is better than PMDG. Nobody should take your opinion seriously, like a used car salesman telling me everything to get me to buy it.

Everyone has their own opinions about flight modelling, textures, VC's, etc. If someone thinks the iFly aircraft are better than PMDG, they have that right and vice-versa. I would just move on and not argue the point as it usually becomes a losing battle. Everyone has their own tastes.  The good thing about iFly aircraft is that they can be tested and flown around and then returned if not satisfied.  With PMDG aircraft, that is not possible.  However, the quality of PMDG aircraft is well-known.  So, let's not argue this and move on.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just to clarify a little with some correct info. The iFly 747 has 3 engine variants. Pratt&Whitney PW-4056, General Electric CF6-80C2-B1F, Rolls Royce  RR-RB211-524G. It also has many panel options for Autopilot, PFD, ND, EICAS, IRS, Ect. You can choose between CRT and LCD screen types just to name a few.

With the Flight1 30 day no questions asked return police why not see for yourself and give it a go.

Cheers,

Glen

As an owner, ex-user, of the iFly 744, I'd suggest waiting for the PMDG bird unless you really can't stand waiting.

The iFly addon has huge performance problems (lower and more fluctuating FPS than anything else I have ever used).

Plus no flood light at night and almost no-one is interested in repainting it. Also some other glitches that make it so so.

That is my personal opinion. As a huge fan of 747 I couldn't wait and bought it.

But after maybe a dozen flights I have indefinitely parked it in my virtual hangar.

I still use mine and when they release the SP it will have flood lighting and mouse controled switches. Why they didnt include these things in the first place I have no idea. Once the PMDG 747 releases the Ifly will get parked next to my Captian sim 777 in the virtual Mojave

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Or for something completely different try the Aerowinx 747 (PSX).  It's a standalone with unbelievable systems depth, ATC, ACARS, its own weather system and world modelling.  It runs on Java and is OS independent (I have it running simultaneously on my mac and PC) and fires up in about 10 seconds.  Never crashes.  If you're into eye candy this one is not for you.  Also very expensive, flight schools use it, but if you want the ultimate in 747 training, take a look.

Lon Duncombe 

I am using this aircraft in P3D. I only have a middle of the range setup with an average graphics card and have not had the performance issues a lot of people are complaining about. It is a solid product at a very reasonable price. You can customize the cockpit, select different instrument display types, panel states, etc. And the ECAM system is quite impressive, as I discovered after selecting "Random Failures" and burnt a lot of calories trying to ride the storm I created.

To the OP, there is some very good advice here, and it really is up to you. Flight1 has a wonderful 30 day money back system, give it a try and see how you go. If installing, ensure your anti virus is turned off, as it tends to stop a few files necessary for this aircraft.