Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit 1.1.12

Do you guys have al ink to the addon?  The conversion process probably isn't handling the case where addons depend on FSX world when reinstalling.  I can fix that.

I noticed there are some problems with vegetation, for example at San Rafael Airport in Peru (-14.282193, -70.379693) there are some strange tiles full of trees that don't exist in FSX:

vegetation_peru_zps2uiaxlrc.jpg

In a similiar fashion, the surroundings of Bar Yehuda Airfield in Israel (31.328169, 35.388608) are full of trees while it's a desert in FSX and in real life.

Do any of you know of a place in Hawaii\Alaska where we have T Hangars?  I'm trying to figure out how to convert the generic building T hangars from FSX to Flight.  It doesn't really seem like there is a comparable version in Flight.

majuh, thanks for the bug reports with lat,lon.  I looked into it and it looks like I'm generating the terrain coverage against the VULCN and not the Olson LC.  I'll have to look into how I can fix it.

I happened to find an airport where the background still doesn't seem to work correctly: Assiniboia Airport in Canada (49.734722, -105.946944)

assiniboia_zpsetj44d5b.jpg

It looks fine in FSX.

Hi Folks

Do any of you know of a place in Hawaii\Alaska where we have T Hangars? 

I'm trying to figure out how to convert the generic building T hangars from FSX to Flight. 

It doesn't really seem like there is a comparable version in Flight.

Steve -

I've not spotted any indivdual 'generic building' T hangars.

From what I'd seen looking at the BGLs -

Depending on 'airport size'/'polys therein',

Hawaii's airport's all comprise of single/multiple BGLs.

Each BGL contains a single model.

Each model comprises clustered visual object groupings,

Each clustered visual object grouping contains -

Multiple - building visuals, airport object visuals, cargo object visuals.

All of which have been compiled from source into a single visual object.

(guessing to reduce drawcalls).

HTH
ATB
Paul

Is this part of the BoundaryFixes addon?

No, the airport is far to the east of the Alaskan border. I also tried deactivating the BoundaryFixes addon and it doesn't make a difference regarding this airport background.

Ok, I found the problem with that airport.  It looks like once again I didn't have a full picture of how the texture remapping works.  It looks like it will check through all terrain texture lookup fallbacks before starting to search for the associated texture set with different remapping types.  In the case of LC 94, it doesn't find any mapping for airport remapping, region B, class 94, so it falls back to default remapping, region B, class 94, and ends up finding a match in some of the Flight lclookup bgls, and ends up with the wrong texture...

I'm going to have to expand my optimization algorithm to include searching through Flight lclookups I think.  It will be tricky...

I have a similarly tricky situation for the vegetation problems you found, because Flight doesn't have a mechanism that closely matches FSX.  I may not get to fixing these for a while.

I recently did a conversion of the steam fsx with their new code using 1.1.9 toolkit. Toward the end of the conversion there were some errors but looking at the  C:\TEST folder it appears that there is a ton of information in the FSXWorld directory. However, when I run Flight I do not see any world except Hawaii or Alaska. Do I have to change directories or move something to get the world to show up? I have the world addon installed. Also, where do I look to see what errors occurred?  Thanks for your help. I also installed 1.1.12 over the top of 1.1.9 and ran the conversion again but it would not do anything. Just sat there a long time doing nothing. Do I have to erase everthing and start again?

I have no idea.  Anyone else having a problem with the steam FSX scenery conversion?  If we confirm this is a problem, it might be good if someone without the update can make a copy of the files before updating, and then compare what files in the scenery have changed in FSX.

I have no idea.  Anyone else having a problem with the steam FSX scenery conversion?  If we confirm this is a problem, it might be good if someone without the update can make a copy of the files before updating, and then compare what files in the scenery have changed in FSX.

Converting the FSX:SE scenery worked fine for me with 1.1.12. I always start the conversion from scratch.