Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

JustFlight 800XP BizJet

I was wondering if there were some comments about this bird from the crowd?  I'm looking for some business jets that will help me feel less bound to real world schedules and larger airports.  I think I've already got the best two out there, the Flight1 Mustang and the Eaglesoft Citation X.  Unfortunately the Mustang is a bit more of a VLJ (have you seen the "lavatory") and the Citation X is seeming pretty good by the systems, but the VC graphics aren't the best.

So what about this bird?  The reviews seem limited.  The systems seem lighter than Eaglesoft, but maybe not terrible.  Perhaps the biggest question is what is the FMC like?  I can't find much in the way of comments on that.  Thanks for any help.

Eric Szczesniak

FMC on this bird is pretty much the standard FSX GPS. Can't really do anything with it at all. It's a very "lite" aircraft, like most JustFlight products.

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

- B737 / B777 / B-727 / EMB-145 / LR-JET

I was wondering if there were some comments about this bird from the crowd? I'm looking for some business jets that will help me feel less bound to real world schedules and larger airports. I think I've already got the best two out there, the Flight1 Mustang and the Eaglesoft Citation X. Unfortunately the Mustang is a bit more of a VLJ (have you seen the "lavatory") and the Citation X is seeming pretty good by the systems, but the VC graphics aren't the best.

So what about this bird? The reviews seem limited. The systems seem lighter than Eaglesoft, but maybe not terrible. Perhaps the biggest question is what is the FMC like? I can't find much in the way of comments on that. Thanks for any help.

You need to look a little deeper. There is an Avsim Review that should answer most of your questions. It should be considered a LITE edition but was a lot better than nothing else that was similar at the time.

The FMC is not what most folks expect of an FMS. There is a lot of useful info available in this FMS, just not SIDS/STARS. It is more of a box with lots of aircraft status, lots of useful data that is not usually available in the VC panel, but little Nav data.

The primary flight gauges are really the weak spot - strictly default taken from one of the FSX jets and poorly implemented. I could hardly read the data and they chose not to make popups.

Looks good, flies fast, nice liveries, poor instruments and weird FMS.

Regards,

Ray

Search for JustFlight 800XP Bizjet AVSIM review.

http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/reviews/aircraft/justflight-800xp-bizjet-r866

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Thanks for the comments.  I did read the Avsim review, but it didn't say much about what was or was not included in systems.  Guess I should have realized that it said just as much with what wasn't said. 

Eric Szczesniak

Thanks for the comments.  I did read the Avsim review, but it didn't say much about what was or was not included in systems.  Guess I should have realized that it said just as much with what wasn't said.

Your OP stated your big question was about the FMC in the JF 800XP and I answered that. Your comment was quite vague about systems. Who can compare a specific LITE model to an entire company's systems level? . . . "The systems seem lighter than Eaglesoft"

I would say the JF 800XP was on par with the ESDG CJ1+ maybe a little more so with the Lift Dump system being modeled. The CJ1+ FMC is outstanding when compared to the JF 800XP.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .