Sign in to follow this  
el_kab0ng

Pressurization issues in yet another Carenado AC

I've attempted 4 flights in this bird, all ending in me closing down for one reason or another. On the last two, I was getting pressurization warnings at FL330 and I'm not sure why. I did an earlier flight (which ended due to fuel transfer issues) at FL400 without any warnings and now I can't even get above FL330 without the stupid pressurization warnings blaring. Does anyone else have these issues or am I just doing something wrong?

Yes. I did everything the same way I did for the FL400 flight which had no issues (other than fuel which was unrelated). Besides, there's not much to the checklist when it comes to pressurization beyond 'checked'. The docs are lacking considerably with this AC.

N8547Z . My FL400 flight was the grey one with the foreign designation (can't remember the tail number as I'm testing another flight with the MAIN AIR VLVS open this time.

Flipping the vales open after take off (not sure how I missed that in my other flights as I don't recall doing that in the FL400 flight) seems to have corrected the issue. At least at FL330. This was a step I overlooked in the normal procedures checklist.

The main air valves have to be opened after the takeoff and be closed before landing.
What was the elevation of your departure airport?

I was departing from KPHX which is a little above 1100ft. My 40k flight was from TNCM which is basically at sea level.

And I'm assuming you guys all have the same weird issue of having to scroll the pressurization wheel upon first load to get the face to 0. It starts out in the negative by default.

Thanks for bringing that up. I have forgotten completely about the air valves and had no problems whatsoever. My main problem was that I was unable to rotate the cabin/cruise altitude selector so I just haven't bothered with that system at all. I discovered that it does work in the air.

Christopher Allan

Yeah.. I have to scroll my middle mouse wheel up for about 5 seconds before the wheel starts to move. Once it passes 0, it won't traverse into the negative. I've found I've had to perform this step with ALL Carenado AC that have pressurization options.

Yeah.. I have to scroll my middle mouse wheel up for about 5 seconds before the wheel starts to move. Once it passes 0, it won't traverse into the negative. I've found I've had to perform this step with ALL Carenado AC that have pressurization options.

From the TBM850,  I recall that you can move the Selected Altitude to zero if it is negative at startup..

Add this to an Update section:

<!-- Set Pressurization Goal to zero, if negative  -->

(A:PRESSURIZATION CABIN ALTITUDE GOAL, feet) -30 < if{ 1 (>K:PRESSURIZATION_PRESSURE_ALT_INC) }

Bert

From the TBM850,  I recall that you can move the Selected Altitude to zero if it is negative at startup..

Add this to an Update section:

<!-- Set Pressurization Goal to zero, if negative  -->

(A:PRESSURIZATION CABIN ALTITUDE GOAL, feet) -30 < if{ 1 (>K:PRESSURIZATION_PRESSURE_ALT_INC) }

Bert,

Thanks for this. I added it to the Citation II and it works. Added bonus is the dial now responds immediately.

Took all of 5 minutes to unpack the .cab file, make the change, create directory, backup original, copy the changed file.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Bert,

Thanks for this. I added it to the Citation II and it works. Added bonus is the dial now responds immediately.

Took all of 5 minutes to unpack the .cab file, make the change, create directory, backup original, copy the changed file.

Yes, it appears to work in the TMB, Citation, and Hawker..

Bert