Sign in to follow this  
theCessnaguy

Some Payware Advice, Please

Unless someone can correct me, but the Aerosoft doesn't come with FS2Crew, or even a cut down version of it. It comes with a built in check-list feature with voices, but you can't speak to it. It's two voices speaking to each other and doing what is needed

Ah, yeah my mistake. Misread the discription on SimMarket. Thanks!

And to DaveCT2003 thanks very much! That is going to be very helpful :) 

I don't have the Aerosoft Airbuses, but I am a user of MCE. I had thought that Aerosoft was providing an Airbus-only version of MCE for free to use with their airplane.

I think others have made that mistake as well so you're not the first person. Personally, from the video's I'm not really a fan of that feature, but maybe if I had not used FS2Crew I'd think different. I think to be perfectly honest, it was seeing YT videos of the NGX and FS2Crew that bought me back to flight sim after a 12 year break!

I love my Aerosoft Airbus' , but I feel that they are a bit of a double edged sword, because they are so automated, its easy to get lazy with hand flying.

You should watch youtube videos of the Q400 first. It is a very unique airplane, with a complicated flight management computer, and not good cockpit layout. It really is a handful to fly single pilot. I would choose instead to fly the PMDG NGX or 777. You can lower the texture resolution in game, or use less resolution textures, the PMDG 777 is lighter on frames than the NGX for many people I have read.

Just be careful because flying the Q400 to me was a chore. A shame because Majestic did such a great job, my opinion it is one of the greatest flight sim addon airplanes ever released. Better fps than the PMDG and just as fully featured, including weather radar before anyone else had it. But unless I was practicing for a checkride I do not like flying it. I much prefer the layout and fmc of the Boeings. And PMDG does a great job. iFly has a money back guarantee, their 737 and 747 are a good simulation and some people say iFly NGX gets better fps than the PMDG NGX.

Just my .02

I have watched many youtube videos on the Q400; its sort of what has convinced me to buy it. Although now I am having second thoughts..

I have watched many youtube videos on the Q400; its sort of what has convinced me to buy it. Although now I am having second thoughts..

You may like it, I just enjoy Boeings more. It is a great addon, buy it and enjoy!

Update: bought the Dash ^_^

Update 2: Something is wrong with my install methinks. I downloaded the program, ran the installer, and fired up FSX. There was my Dash. Loaded it up at KBUF and...

cold and dark, and the landing gear was retracted. The plane was sort of floating there, vibrating occationally. The control panel didnt seem to do anything. I will uninstall and reinstall tomorrow, as administrator.

In other words, it won't come into contact with the terrain. A crash-proof Q-400…that's not a bug, that's a feature! ;-)

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

The plane was sort of floating there, vibrating occationally.

Hmm... the world's first Maglev Q400. ^_^

More seriously, I would recommend installing as administrator.  Short of that, be sure to look for similar issues on the Majestic forum, and if you find none, post about yours.  The times I've had (very unrelated) issues, I've found quick help there.  Good luck!!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks guys! In doing research, I found this is a fairly common issue (common enough that they have it listed under FAQs). I uninstalled it, reinstalled as admin, and updated my DX software from Microsoft. Now...works beautifully. Definitely made the right call!