Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

TOPCAT Aircraft Templates

Talking of TOPCAT, does anyone know how to add to their aircraft templates, i.e adding more aircraft types, such as Airbus A318/319, Dash 8, Fokker F27, 777-300ER, etc, etc?

From memory you need to create the text file and put it in the correct folder;

<driveletter>:\FSX\TOPCAT\Configurations I do believe, or where ever you have installed it

Talking of TOPCAT, does anyone know how to add to their aircraft templates, i.e adding more aircraft types, such as Airbus A318/319, Dash 8, Fokker F27, 777-300ER, etc, etc?

If you add aircraft such as the ones in the quote you will not have correct derates, assumed temperatures, flex temperature, flaps settings and v speeds. I think you hijacked this thread.

No, I did not hijack this tread as TOPCAT is mentioned in posts #1 &  #2. I just followed-on.

need to create the text file

And how does one create them, Chris? I'm a novice as far as this is concerned.

If you check the folder I linked to, you can see the files that are installed by default. You can copy a file, give it a different name and edit the values accordingly :)

The topic seemed borderline relevant to the original discussion, so I left it, originally. Since this discussion took over the original discussion, I split it out.

Kyle Rodgers

No, I did not hijack this tread as TOPCAT is mentioned in posts #1 & #2.
As in a passing mention. It had nothing to do with the problem. If you didn't hijack, why was it moved to different topic in another forum?

As in a passing mention. It had nothing to do with the problem. If you didn't hijack, why was it moved to different topic in another forum?

Is that all you have to groan about? Boy, little wonder people are getting so fed-up and quitting this pernickety forum!

Thanks, Chris.

Guys,

This isn't a black and white issue. I mentioned before that I thought it was relevant enough to remain initially, and then after people jumped in and steered the conversation deeper into the TOPCAT thing and farther away from the LNAV arming (actual topic). As grey became darker grey, I split the topic. It literally took a few mouse clicks to do, Dave's topic is unaffected (with a more focused thread), and it's still Friday.

As far as I can tell: win, win, win...so, stop sniping.

Kyle Rodgers

Maybe you can get some ideas from the TOPCAT Forum - http://www.topcatsim.com/forum/ .

This is a topic from the PFPX forum which is a concise answer as to why these planes in the about post are not in TOPCAT - http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/95019-topcat-airbus-question/. The woman that answered this post is one of the head honhcos at both TOPCAT and PFPX. The same people are involved in both projects.

I believe the values in the TOPCAT/configuration folder are only going effect the W & B page of TOPCAT. The performance data on the Take-Off page of TOPCAT comes from a different folder. Possibly the Aircraft folder. Without this performance data TOPCAT is useless. It's a Take-Off and Landing Calculation Tool not a Weights & Balance Tool.