Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

LUA dynamic frictions!

Hi Romain,

Is it working if I add it in the aircrafts sections with an [AUTO.XXXX] instead of [AUTO] for all the aircrafts?

EB : Yes that should work.  In FSUIPC.INI, add it only to the [AUTO.xxxx] sections for the aircraft that you want to use it with (and leave it out of the "general" [AUTO] section).  If you have separate profile files for each aircraft (in your \MODULES\PROFILES folder), add it to the [AUTO] section in the profile file for each aircraft that you want to use it with.

And if I do that, do I need to add also the [LUAFiles] section in each aircraft section or can I leave it at the end of the INI?

EB : No you only need to list the plug-in once under [LUAFiles] in FSUIPC.INI.  If you have separate profile files for each aircraft, the same applies since these files do not have a [LUAFiles] section.

And another thing to think about : you may want to add the RestoreFriction LUA plug-in to the [AUTOxxxx] section in FSUIPC.INI (or to the [AUTO] section in the separate profile file) for any aircraft that you do NOT want the dynamic friction to apply to.  I am not entirely sure about this but I seem to remember reading a comment somewhere that if you have been working with a "dynamic friction aircraft", then load a "normal friction aircraft" without leaving FSX, the dynamic friction values will remain active which would not be what you want.  I stand to be corrected though.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Emile,

Thanks for that swift answer. 

I will try the first option consisting of inserting the lua dynamic friction in each aircraft profile rather than the restore friction item.

Anyway, loading complex add-ons on top over of each other without restarting fsx is not advised.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi Emile,

Thanks for that swift answer. 

I will try the first option consisting of inserting the lua dynamic friction in each aircraft profile rather than the restore friction item.

Anyway, loading complex add-ons on top over of each other without restarting fsx is not advised.

Hi Romain,

If you always restart FSX before loading another complex add-on aircraft, you certainly won't need RestoreFriction.lua in this context.  But it is possible to safely load another complex add-on aircraft within the same FSX session, as long as you first load an FSX default aircraft (e.g. the ultralight) and then the next complex add-on.  I do that at times, but only when I'm testing, not if I want to actually fly.  So perhaps I should not have mentioned the RestoreFriction plug-in at all, sorry.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

So perhaps I should not have mentioned the RestoreFriction plug-in at all, sorry.

No, it's a good point to know even if I won't use it for now, who knows?

All knowledge is good to take.

Thanks.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.