Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

FSX: Q400 into EGLC (practicing with FSIPanel)

Hi there!

For those of you, who already know FSIPanel, just have a look at some screenshots. ;-) I hope you like them!

Everybody else, please read what I wrote below:

I recently bought FSIPanel, a fantastic and highly recommandable software that lets you set up and practice approaches. The software sets up your plane (works with PMDG, MJC Q400, Aerosoft Airbus, iFly 737/747, A2A C172, etc.) on the appraoch (can be final, can be a vector to final or a Point on the STAR), and you can reload the situation again and again after touchdown, to effectively practice landings and approaches. Even though it´s available since last year, I´ve never had a look into it! Randomly, I discovered the great demo videos, done by the developer of FSIPanel, a real world airline pilot, on Youtube. Thereafter, I had to buy it immediately! ;-)

I already practiced quite a few very interesting and challenging approaches, here you can see me

landing the Q400 at London City Airport:

(FTX Global, FTX Open LC Europe, FTX Vector, FTX Trees HD, FS Global 2010 mesh, Aerosoft EGLC)

czdty9haenjv97ig9.jpg

czdu88b23xqtrmzvt.jpg

czdu8hp4aqspftnah.jpg

czdu8phwop9ym0izt.jpg

czdu8z0h31szwk10p.jpg

czdu95vwbn9s9w5rd.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The software looks great, I saw a review a while back. The approach to London City via the Canary Wharf side is a challenge too. Do it in fog. I used to live there and when you see them come over the top of you, they really look close to the top of One Canada Square. I think you need a certain certification to use that approach, but I could be wrong

I'll definitely try all different approaches, it's really easy to set everything up, and programming the FMS'es on the different planes, using the charts is a very good practice, too!

Thanks HLJames, it looks really nice, but it's quite heavy on the frames! (15-22 fps around the airfield).

I think you need a certain certification to use that approach, but I could be wrong

Yeah, both the crew and aircraft have to be certified specifically for EGLC London City Airport. Often the approved aircraft require modifications such as a steep approach mode too.

Yeah, both the crew and aircraft have to be certified specifically for EGLC London City Airport.

Thanks a lot for this informative link! So, the Q400 is approved for all the different approaches into EGLC, good to know! ;-)

Thanks for quick review!!! B)

you're very welcome! With all these high quality add ons we have, aircraft and scenery, FSIPanel is simply a must have! That way, we can practice in the sim, just like real pilots do in the level D sims, over and over again. And the excellent software even recognises, after x repeats, when FSX runs out of memory and simply reloads the whole sim for the next approach, with everything set up as before! Simply great!!!

I'm not sure if it was exactly the Q400, but a very similar model fly's in and out everyday :)

For me FSIpanel looks very very good, and I will get it. The price is a little eye-watering though at £28. But I guess that's not too far off what some high-quality airports are.

I'm not sure if it was exactly the Q400, but a very similar model fly's in and out everyday :)

For me FSIpanel looks very very good, and I will get it. The price is a little eye-watering though at £28. But I guess that's not too far off what some high-quality airports are.

Give it a try, it's worth every cent, and it's sold via Flight 1, so you can test it for 30 days! :-)

I really like these pics!

Thanks a lot, Gregg, your kind words are highly appreciated!

Nice pictures of London City!

Thank you!

Good old FSX can surely look gorgeous with FTX! ;-)