Sign in to follow this  
airlinetycoon

Service based failures logic

Hi Folks,

I have a question to the service-based failures logic. In Manual is to be read as follows:

"Service Based failures will provide you with a highly realistic simulation of failures on and operational airplane. As you fly the simulator, the total flight time and system operation of the airplane is tracked. The combination of factors will be compared against known data predicting the Mean Time Before Failure for every component on the airplane.

As failures take place, you will need to use the Quick Reference Handbook to resolve the failures and your judgment as captain to determine whether it is feasible to continue on to your destination, or whether a diversion for maintenance is required.

When operating under the serviced based failures process, you may fly for many hours without seeing any mechanical unreliability in your airplane. Conversely you experience a streak of mechanical failures from the mundane to the critical.

When operating with the Service Based Failures module active, it will be necessary to occasionally have your airplane “serviced” by your line maintenance crews."

I have understood that the time of flight and system data for the Fin numbers stored individually. The question I ask myself if I burden some components extreme, then the likelihood of obtaining higher in these parts a defect, or happens at random?

Examples:

- I always land hard, my brakes overheating regularly and not let cool / replace - I get probably a brake / tire fail?

- I ignore the low oil level - I get probably a engine-fail?

Or is the nature of the failure chosen randomly?

Greetings Andrew Bowler

Hi Folks,

I have a question to the service-based failures logic. In Manual is to be read as follows:

"Service Based failures will provide you with a highly realistic simulation of failures on and operational airplane. As you fly the simulator, the total flight time and system operation of the airplane is tracked. The combination of factors will be compared against known data predicting the Mean Time Before Failure for every component on the airplane.

As failures take place, you will need to use the Quick Reference Handbook to resolve the failures and your judgment as captain to determine whether it is feasible to continue on to your destination, or whether a diversion for maintenance is required.

When operating under the serviced based failures process, you may fly for many hours without seeing any mechanical unreliability in your airplane. Conversely you experience a streak of mechanical failures from the mundane to the critical.

When operating with the Service Based Failures module active, it will be necessary to occasionally have your airplane “serviced” by your line maintenance crews."

I have understood that the time of flight and system data for the Fin numbers stored individually. The question I ask myself if I burden some components extreme, then the likelihood of obtaining higher in these parts a defect, or happens at random?

Examples:

- I always land hard, my brakes overheating regularly and not let cool / replace - I get probably a brake / tire fail?

- I ignore the low oil level - I get probably a engine-fail?

Or is the nature of the failure chosen randomly?

Please delete - double post.

Greetings Andrew Bowler

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

Yes..., both depending on how you set up the failure.

Dan Downs KCRP

As far as I know, both rough treatment of the aircraft and ignoring maintenance will lead to failures and malfunctions. not quite sure what you mean by 'parameters' in his instance.

That's my question. Is there any logic behind, what kind of failure will simulat (please see my examples above)?

Greetings Andrew Bowler