Sign in to follow this  
andresico

ASN and AVG free antivirus problem

Hi

I bought ASN a few days ago, and cant open ASN. Nothing happens when I click the icon. 

If I disable AVG free, I can open ASN and use it.

I have added the exception in AVG as per ASN manual ( Certain firewall/AV software such as AVG requires trusting/excluding the ASConnect module file as_btstrp.dll (located in your [FSX/P3D Installation Location]\asn_srv folder.)  but it doesnt seem to change anything. I stille have to disable AVG before I start ASN

I hope there are other users here that have a solution. I cant imagine I´m the only one using AVG free.

Hi

I bought ASN a few days ago, and cant open ASN. Nothing happens when I click the icon. 

If I disable AVG free, I can open ASN and use it.

I have added the exception in AVG as per ASN manual ( Certain firewall/AV software such as AVG requires trusting/excluding the ASConnect module file as_btstrp.dll (located in your [FSX/P3D Installation Location]\asn_srv folder.)  but it doesnt seem to change anything. I stille have to disable AVG before I start ASN

I hope there are other users here that have a solution. I cant imagine I´m the only one using AVG free.

HiFI mention this during the setup of ASN and recommend to disable security software as it can alter files and cause other problems. ( I think from memory they mention AVG)

bob

I honestly cant remember if I disabled AVG during install. I think I did so, but things like that are kept in the grey cells of my brain. And I have lost acces to that part years ago.

So you advice me to uninstall and reintall? Maybe a good idea.  But I will wait a day or 2 and see if someone else has something to say.

Anyways, thanks for the answer :)

I ran into this problem also. I set so many exceptions , but it didnt work. I

uninstalled AVG and installed Avast ..Problem solved

Rick

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

I got rid of AVG a year ago. Went to Web Root. Much better especially if you run simulations. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thanks a lot HifiKimC

That worked. The problem is that what the manual says is incorrect:

" Certain firewall/AV software such as AVG requires trusting/excluding the ASConnect module file as_btstrp.dll (located in your [FSX/P3D Installation Location]\asn_srv folder."

Its not the btstrp.dll that should be excluded/trusted, its ASNext.exe!!!!

So, consider rewriting the 2 lines you dedicated to this issue in the manual. It may take you a couple of minutes and save everyone a lot of time, including yourselves.  :rolleyes: 

Or as a second option make this thread a sticky.

But again, thank you for the link.

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback! I will notify our Development team right away.

If at any time you have any questions or need technical assistance, please feel free to open a support ticket at: http://support.hifitechinc.com/

Have a great weekend!

I used the compatibility option and switched to Vista.

This worked!

Pyro

Regards,

FS Drijver