Sign in to follow this  
atulumello

MU-2 Altitude Hold

Hey guys,

I just bought the MU-2 yesterday, and have done 3 flights with it now. - So far an awesome bird.

Although, every flight I have had an issue with the autopilot's ALT hold. Seems when I reach my cruise altitude, ALT(arm) doesn't capture under VS and IAS. When I force ALT on, it captures, although the aircraft descends and climbs erratically like it is having an issue holding alt. - Note that I am using the stock GPS system (I want that GTN750  <_< ).

Does anyone else have this issue, or know a fix? I am running the latest version (from simmarket), v1.7.

Thanks!

I also got the MU on sale and so far, I´m pretty sceptical with respect of the autopilot, so I will test and I will follow this thread.

How about approach mode. How does it work for you?

The autopilot works great. Most common error is forgetting to turn on the AP power on the lower rear part of the pedestal. We would be happy to assist with any other issues.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Hey Matt,

I haven't been forgetting to turning on the AP. - Although I figured out what happened earlier. Turns out I enabled ALT hold when I had a high VS fpm rate... thus causing the aircraft to have issues capturing altitude.

Currently I am enroute 7S3-KRDD @ 17000 with no problems.

I think I'm falling in love  :wub:

FkhuM9V.jpg

Hey Matt,

I haven't been forgetting to turning on the AP. - Although I figured out what happened earlier. Turns out I enabled ALT hold when I had a high VS fpm rate... thus causing the aircraft to have issues capturing altitude.

Currently I am enroute 7S3-KRDD @ 17000 with no problems.

I think I'm falling in love 

Hey Anthony,

Great to see that you got everything worked out now! Also great too see a screenshot of how much you're enjoying the Mits!

Just took a quick look at your fuel gauges. Looks like you forgot to turn on the transfer switches until a little while into the flight. Don't forget that it's important to move the transfer switches up to Auto immediately after engine start. If you don't, you'll be burning out of the center main tank without it being filled from the wing and tip tanks.

Happy flying!

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Thanks for the tip Joe! 

I just noticed a drop in RPM on engine 2... Looks like a bug.

q74zXWt.jpg

It looks like your condition levers aren't all the way forward.  Could that be it?

It does appear that the left power lever is just a little behind the right one. This "could" be bringing it down to the ground range hence the lower rpms on the side.

Actually reverse that, right lever looks a little behind the right. Late night, long day, ugh... :)

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Regarding the appr mode, I made a couple of landings yesterday and everything well. I found that its best to get the speed down to around 150kias and have flaps 2 on before the autopilot start descending. Then its precise and smooth as butter.

I´m liking my Mitsi more and more. I want to thank you a LOT for making gauges that are easy to read. I hate these superrealistic HSI that cant be read unless in a pop up window or with 2.0 zoom. That is so unrealistic. The C402 also has very nice gauges. 

I dont think teh MIn Cruise pos works, I looked for fuel flow and RPM change and didnt notice anything. Is it functional at all..??

It does appear that the left power lever is just a little behind the right one. This "could" be bringing it down to the ground range hence the lower rpms on the side.

Actually reverse that, right lever looks a little behind the right. Late night, long day, ugh... :)

You know, I'm really not sure what the problem was with the RPMs. I jiggled the throttles and conditions a bit, but no results. It didn't change until I got below 10,000 ft.

Performance and fuel flow was not affected... So I'm thinking it was just a little bug. - Also, I was not able to recreate it on the leg after.

Regarding the appr mode, I made a couple of landings yesterday and everything well. I found that its best to get the speed down to around 150kias and have flaps 2 on before the autopilot start descending. Then its precise and smooth as butter.

I´m liking my Mitsi more and more. I want to thank you a LOT for making gauges that are easy to read. I hate these superrealistic HSI that cant be read unless in a pop up window or with 2.0 zoom. That is so unrealistic. The C402 also has very nice gauges. 

Thats good to hear. I didn't have a chance to test it out last night, sorry I completely forgot lol.

I dont think teh MIn Cruise pos works, I looked for fuel flow and RPM change and didnt notice anything. Is it functional at all..??

I don't think it is. I haven't noticed a change either.

The only condition positions that are functional are takeoff and taxi. The devs stated a while ago that they only modeled those two because of difficulties. I think I remember reading this that they will revisit this at a later date?

The only condition positions that are functional are takeoff and taxi. The devs stated a while ago that they only modeled those two because of difficulties. I think I remember reading this that they will revisit this at a later date?

We're eventually going to try to improve even further on our TPE-331 model. This will most likely occur the next time we do a TPE-331 powered aircraft.

(Which at this point, is going to be a Cheyenne 400LS, Turbo Commander 690/1000, or a Fairchild Merlin.)

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

(Which at this point, is going to be a Cheyenne 400LS, Turbo Commander 690/1000, or a Fairchild Merlin.)

All great choices! Thanks for the info!