Sign in to follow this  
jjjallen

WIN 10 Early

I, as a beta tester, received final version 10240 today July 15 via windows update and have it installed.

I, as a beta tester, received final version 10240 today July 15 via windows update and have it installed.

How do we get a legal copy of  Windows_10_pro_10240_x64_iso to do a fresh install ? updated mine all good but what if I want to do a fresh install - thanks

Rich Sennett

How do we get a legal copy of  Windows_10_pro_10240_x64_iso to do a fresh install ? updated mine all good but what if I want to do a fresh install - thanks

You don't.

If you want to clean install, go to the Settings "app", click Recovery, then Reset the computer.

You don't.

If you want to clean install, go to the Settings "app", click Recovery, then Reset the computer.

Thats BS if you dont have an OS installed how do you do that - you have to have a disk to install a formatted hard drive - iso's all over the web

Rich Sennett

You may want to check this post from Microsoft concerning the ability to obtain an ISO for Win10 RTM - in short - YES you can!

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/when-windows-10-technical-preview-goes-rtm-for-pc/035b3385-4e0c-43a5-ab19-71d72be1d002?auth=1

Lyn

Thanks aware of this just looking for an official Windows 10 pro iso - its obtainable just want to see from Microsoft 

Rich Sennett

I tried to install RTM update and fails. Anyone else have a problem??

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Thanks aware of this just looking for an official Windows 10 pro iso - its obtainable just want to see from Microsoft

The 10240 ISO is not yet available from Microsoft - In fact, they pulled all the older build ISOs and keys down a few days ago. They're looking to force all Insiders to use the Windows Update method for the time being as a stress test of their production distribution system. The ISOs will likely return soon, and I have no doubt they will be available after July 29th as well.

Just updated to build 10240 (via installing the 10162 ISO and upgrading via Windows Update) on my VIrtualBox install with no issues at all. I might take her for a spin on my production system over the next few days to see how she handles it, all in preparation for the end of the month and another fresh, clean build.

I'm not excited about reinstalling everything (*I still refuse to put that much trust into an in-place upgrade), but I have that process generally down to a science. I'm also interested in testing some flightsim items which weren't functional under Win8 to see if Win10 makes any lick of difference.... not holding my breath, but we'll see!

-Greg

The 10240 ISO is not yet available from Microsoft

Thanks Greg solid info - I have updated also no problems but also have a windows pro iso - just in case - I'm sure my new key will work as I have followed all the steps to get here and now have given up my serial from my full retail win 7 ultimate - one would only have to sign in to windows insider account and register the iso install

Rich Sennett

What problem are you seeing?

Gave me error...went by fast....LOL something about the "store" Not sure how it happened but MS pushed out a new copy of the latest (after maybe 15 minutes) and that worked as far as I can tell. Just got it up and running again. Wasn't smooth but MS seemed to be right on top of it.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/