Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

FS9 and Windows 10

The folks who are getting FS9 to 'run' are using a method that many consider to be a violation of the EULA.

There are many differing opinions regarding this issue.

Alan  :Raised Eyebrow:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Are there possibly different versions of FS9, some with SafeDisc and some without?​

Versions? No

Ways to run the versions? Yes

Guy's my full size 767 flightdeck is based on fs9 and it works like a charm on win 10 no problems what so ever.

In fact it works better than fsx on 10

It is using 6 monitors off 2x 980 vid cards

cheers mark

Well I can't say I wasn't warned. I read all the comments and the doom and gloom won the day. I went ahead and took the plunge to WIN10 but not before making a full backup with Norton Ghost and that is what saved me. The entire experience, including the dreadful installation was like a house of horrors. Nothing would work. My only condition was that I would be able to run Norton Ghost (to go back) and run FS9. Neither of these would even start. No matter what I did FS9 would not start in any compatibility mode.
The installation was like something a child would have produced. Microsoft seems oblivious of the fact that millions of people are stopping the process in frustration because it is stuck, preparing for installation because of a lack of information on the screen. Compare this to the Norton Ghost recovery program which takes about 90 minutes and it has a progress bar, a changing text indicating the percentage of progress and estimated time to go. This is pretty basic stuff to keep the user informed to what is going on and the childish effort from Microsoft was providing nothing. The only way I realized something was happening was when I saw the activity lights flashing on the modem so I left it on overnight and went to bed.
Norton Ghost recovery would not work so I was forced to look for a restore point which WIN10 claimed to have and there was none but finally noticed an option to go back to previous build which seemed a bit vague but it did the trick and everything was restored but messed up, every file had a lock symbol on it but once back to WIN7 the Norton Ghost was able to do it's stuff and all back to normal. I will not be going anywhere near WIN10 and not giving up FS9 and FSNavigator.

The folks who are getting FS9 to 'run' are using a method that many consider to be a violation of the EULA.

There are many differing opinions regarding this issue.

Alan  :Raised Eyebrow:

And all of them irrelevant because Microsoft doesn't care. A simple Google reveals many links to the crack on the first page. It could take them down if it wanted to. It hasn't.

So nobody wins by sticking to the EULA a decade later and the only people who lose are those prevented from playing FS2004 on newer OS by sticking to the EULA.

It's a complete non-issue.

Just FYI for those wondering, I've been running FS2004 since the day Windows 10  was released with no issues. Install out of the default location, install the 9.1 update, install the crack. Done.

• Upvote 1

Me too. 3x versions of FS9, FSX & P3D. As well as FSNav, all working 100%.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I have tried FS9 with Windows 10.  You have to load it by running as administrator.  I have also used FS9 crack, and ensured that it runs under compatibility mode (XP Service Pack 3).  It works.

However, the image gallery does not show up.  Does anyone have any ideas of how to get them?  Something easy as I know nothing about computer programming.

I have always found FS9 to work better that FS10 (which, with my copy, at least, is unstable).  I understand that even new versions of FS10 have problems with Windows 10.

I am using X-plane 10 as well, but it can take ages to load. :)

Hello Everyone! I managed to resolve this problem related to FS9 in win 10.!! If  Direct X  installed correctly ( in my case Direct X 11.2), all you have to do is exit from full screen mode!! Simply press alt +enter!

The display problem ( black screen)  appears in full screen mode only

. After exiting from full screen mode, I adjusted he window size to the screen and that's it. Everything works perfectly!

hi guys, i am not having lucky to get fs9 to work.

did all what people says, but fs9 refuses to even launch :/

tried to install and reinstall in different folders, but it dont load (tried c:\fs9, c:\games\fs9 [ its where all my games stand for] and the default one)... any compatibility options, on all operating system and no lucky :(

any tips?

win 10 pro 64bits build 11586

Maybe delete the fs9.cfg & restart?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Maybe delete the fs9.cfg & restart?

for some strange reason.. its didnt even loaded, so no fs9.cfg was created... but, i renamed fs9.exe to fscc.exe (read on another forum a guy did this to rename it to keep the original exe intact, then do the no cd thing..) then i decided to run fscc.exe and its working from there,,, if i rename back to fs9.exe it wont work :(

Very strange, then just rename the short-cut to whatever you would like to be. Never had that before..

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

The big question is can you access the menus in full screen mode?  Second how many add-ons work under Windows 10/FS9?  We lost most of Dreamfleet's work with W7 64bit.  What works and doesn't work under W10 is the next big question/issue?

Yep...all the same as was under W7. No diff on my system.

For me, everything works in Windows 10, all my freeware & payware, as they did in Windows 7.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

For me, everything works in Windows 10, all my freeware & payware, as they did in Windows 7.

Ditto!  :hi: