Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Airline2Sim coming out with some new videos.

OK, sorry to hear there are no plans at this time for the 737NG line.

It's certainly doable as our guy on the -300 is also flying mixed fleet with the NG. It's a tricky one as obviously the Angle of Attack guys did a big course on the NG and literally every other bedroom pilot on the web has a set of tutorials on it too. It's an amazing aircraft and one that probably deserves the real pilot treatment but it's not one that has a gaping hole in terms of material for it at the moment. However, that can and may change. Thanks for the feedback on it! 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

It's certainly doable as our guy on the -300 is also flying mixed fleet with the NG. It's a tricky one as obviously the Angle of Attack guys did a big course on the NG and literally every other bedroom pilot on the web has a set of tutorials on it too. It's an amazing aircraft and one that probably deserves the real pilot treatment but it's not one that has a gaping hole in terms of material for it at the moment. However, that can and may change. Thanks for the feedback on it!

I see your point but I still think you would find a huge market for a 737NG product.

Like you say there's already lots of material on the NG out there but with very few exceptions the material isn't on a PRO level but instead done by wannabes such as myself :wink:

Richard Åsberg

Ben, I have the AoA training, but honestly I dont think its in the same league as you. I learned so much from the Q4 material, and the ease and accessibility of it comes from your chatty engaging radio manner. I havent seen any training that matches it for our community, so yea, the content may have already been covered dryly, but dont think that that means there isnt space in the market for A2S because there is, I'd buy the NG training in a heartbeat... Go for it :) Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I have the AoA for the NG as well but can't compare since I haven't used this product. However from what I read so far this product line seems to be very different in a good way which was also confirmed in an earlier post so yeah...I don't think you'll have to regret putting a NG product on the blackboard :wink:

In addition to what has already been said I think most people interested in this kind of products gladly buy whatever comes out even if they already have a similar product and especially so if the new product is a high quality one.

Richard Åsberg

Your delivery plus the pro pilot input = win

You could talk just about how shiny the throttle handle and gauges are and I'd prob watch it over and over :P

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Hey Ben, very much looking forward to the Aerosoft A320 training, any idea when this will be on the cards?

Many thanks.

Hey Ben, very much looking forward to the Aerosoft A320 training, any idea when this will be on the cards?

Many thanks.

Hello, the Airbus stuff has been tricky, partly because it's been a bit of moving target and every time we made some progress the Aerosoft guys added some more functionality. We have a plan but I can't really say too much at the moment as it's not nailed down. It is coming however so stay tuned.

Hi Ben,

Completely understand the challenges of producing training video, I've attempted a few myself and ended putting them on the back burner (just not enough time).

Sent you an e-mail that I think will be of interest to you and what you folks do.

Cheers, Rob.

This one is definitely on my shopping list for this coming week, the product looks awesome!  I am looking forward to training in the Q400. 

\Robert Hamlich/

I disagree with some of the post in regards to the style of training. I personally enjoyed the way the training was done in the Q400, because it was not boring to watch.

Please don't change the banter between you and the trainer to much. Your Q400 training video was just like a conversation between student and teacher, which not only made it educational, but also entertaining. Even to this day I fire up the video, not so much to learn anything new, but because I love the converstion between the actors.

I hope in the newer videos that you keep that same style of training, and not make a video with two people talking plain, dry and boring. In my opinion that does not make for such a good training video.

I disagree with some of the post in regards to the style of training. I personally enjoyed the way the training was done in the Q400, because it was not boring to watch.

Please don't change the banter between you and the trainer to much. Your Q400 training video was just like a conversation between student and teacher, which not only made it educational, but also entertaining. Even to this day I fire up the video, not so much to learn anything new, but because I love the converstion between the actors.

I hope in the newer videos that you keep that same style of training, and not make a video with two people talking plain, dry and boring. In my opinion that does not make for such a good training video.

Don't worry, there won't be any fundamental changes. I know all of our pilots pretty well so there will be plenty of banter but we'll try to avoid speaking too fast and talking over one another which I know happened from time to time in the Q400 course. The Triple 7 course is shaping up to be very funny indeed!  

The Triple 7 course is shaping up to be very funny indeed!

Knowing the memory footprint of the 777 I was just wondering if you got an OOM during filming? Make sure you have autosave on in FSUIPC if you don't want to have to start over lol.

Knowing the memory footprint of the 777 I was just wondering if you got an OOM during filming? Make sure you have autosave on in FSUIPC if you don't want to have to start over lol.

We've not had one yet. We got a few dings at Hong Kong after a long takeoff/engine fail/return scenario at night with heavy WX but that was it. As it was only a practice and I was using a single throttle, the speedbrake went a bit crazy with reverse only selected on the live engine and kept flapping up and down. It sounds daft, but we couldn't concentrate for the sound of the speedbrake going up and down constantly even after we'd stopped...