Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Airline2Sim coming out with some new videos.

Nice to see things moving again on the A2Sim front!  Very much enjoyed the Q400 training, in fact I went through it several times!  That was a tough plane to figure out and the training helped immensely.  Look forward to any and all new training videos....and I will also put in my vote for NGX training as well :) 

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I am another that would love if you guys did a Airbus A 300 training video.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

When doing these videos are you using FS2Crew or any other similar software simulating a multi crew environment?

Richard Åsberg

When doing these videos are you using FS2Crew or any other similar software simulating a multi crew environment?

Nope, I'm a big fan of FS2Crew but having another 'voice' in the flight deck would just confuse matters further I think. The Q400 Pro version models full shared cockpit, so the next video set will show flight deck flows, workload and communication exactly as per multi-crew operation. One of the biggest challenges with these aircraft is operating it single pilot.

I am another that would love if you guys did a Airbus A 300 training video.  

Is the Simcheck A300 up to par? It's not one I've ever bought. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Is the Simcheck A300 up to par? It's not one I've ever bought. 

I meant the A 319-A320 Series from Aerosoft. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Nope, I'm a big fan of FS2Crew but having another 'voice' in the flight deck would just confuse matters further I think.

That makes sense.

Just checked out a couple of YouTube video clips what your products look like and they seem really really nice so as soon as you make a product featuring the 737NG you'll have a new customer :wink:

Richard Åsberg

That makes sense.

Just checked out a couple of YouTube video clips what your products look like and they seem really really nice so as soon as you make a product featuring the 737NG you'll have a new customer :wink:

Great, thanks Richard! 

The plan for this year is the PMDG 777, taught by a guy from Emirates. Then next year hopefully the IXEG 737-300 from the X-Plane platform (looks like a real game changer on that side of the community) which also of course would be usable with the FSX/P3d Classic 737 from QW if it's with us by then and also the PMDG 747-400 V2 which will be taught by a cargo driver from GSS/BA. Obviously that's just the Boeing stuff, there's also more for the Q400 in the works, all flavours of the A320/30 and the upcoming CRJ.

We will be kept busy.

I remember you mentioned Twin Otter once..

Cant't wait for A320 and CRJ.

I remember you mentioned Twin Otter once..

Cant't wait for A320 and CRJ.

The Twotter stuff came down to a pilot issue. There are only two operators in the UK and very few rated pilots for it. We got a great guy but he's since left to fly the Q400. It's a fairly niche aircraft and there are I think bigger fish to fry for us. Glad you're excited about our plans! 

Hi Ben,

Have you thought about using the lynda.com business model for training videos?

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Ben,

Have you thought about using the lynda.com business model for training videos?

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob, I use Lynda quite a bit when I need to brush up on using Adobe for editing etc. There are lots of ways to sell what we do but we've found Vimeo on Demand a nice, simple outlet that handles all of the back end stuff with no input from us. Saying that, we're currently constructing an online store of our own. Wish me luck! 

Really enjoyed the q400 series and would love to see PMDG 737.  I personally had no issues with the way the originals were presented and being videos was able to rewind but like my comment below could see for some rewinding all the time could get frustrating..  actually managed to fly circuits and land after a few hours.

My only feed back .. when running through the checks a yellow box would appear to show what was being looked at or switched on/off etc.. but only for a couple of items, would liked to have seen that carried through for much of the first flight videos, as some of the items were not zoomed in so was not immediately clear.

rgds.

TP

Really enjoyed the q400 series and would love to see PMDG 737. I personally had no issues with the way the originals were presented and being videos was able to rewind but like my comment below could see for some rewinding all the time could get frustrating.. actually managed to fly circuits and land after a few hours.

My only feed back .. when running through the checks a yellow box would appear to show what was being looked at or switched on/off etc.. but only for a couple of items, would liked to have seen that carried through for much of the first flight videos, as some of the items were not zoomed in so was not immediately clear.

rgds.

TP

Yep good point. Animating the yellow boxes was something we did only in the early parts, the thinking being that once we'd pointed them out then you knew where they were. I'll take that on board for the next one though. Thanks.