Sign in to follow this  
twister1853

simconnect missing

Hi

I am not familar with Simconnect and would like some advice.  Recently I have had problems with FSX and I had to use the Avsim Guide to uninstall FSX and all associated addons, including Simconnect.  I am completely unaware of what Simconnect is for, how it came to be on my PC originally and even whether it is necessary for the smooth running of FSX.  I have now reinstalled FSX Gold Edition and some VFR Gen.X Photo' Scenery.  I have tried to launch my HiFi Active Sky weather package and got a message that Simconnect was not on my PC and indicated that I should install it, along with SP1/SP2. 

My query is what is Simconnect for, should I have Simconnect installed and if so, where do I get it from?  Also, how can I check if SP1/SP2 are on my setup?

Thanks.

Ray

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

where do I get it from?

The information at the following link will help you get the FSX SDK installed on your computer and Simconnect - http://fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_(FSX)

Also, how can I check if SP1/SP2 are on my setup?

FSX Gold Edition installs FSX, SP1, and Acceleration (SP2 is the same as Acceleration except it is the freeware version).

Best regards,

Problems seem to be solved.  I've now installed FSX Acceleration and when I launch HiFi Active Sky, I don't now get the above message re Simconnect.  During the launching of Active Sky, one of the steps says: "Simconnect SP2 instantiated" , whatever that means.  I still don't see Simconnect in Programs & Features. But so what!

Thanks for the interest and help.

Ray

Problems seem to be solved.  I've now installed FSX Acceleration and when I launch HiFi Active Sky, I don't now get the above message re Simconnect.  During the launching of Active Sky, one of the steps says: "Simconnect SP2 instantiated" , whatever that means.  I still don't see Simconnect in Programs & Features. But so what!

Thanks for the interest and help.

Ray

Simconnect should show up in the add/remove programs if you manually installed them via the SDK directory.  I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth at this point, since everything is working, right?  Back to my cave I go.

-Jim

Same here Jim - rolled the stone back across the cave.  Thanks again for the interest. Ray