Sign in to follow this  
diajohn

Mouse frame drop

Using exactly the same setup in P3D and FSX-SE, I find that mouse use in P3D does not effect frame rates but in FSX-SE it drops about 20%.  I wonder if Steam/Dovetail Games can fix this in FSX-SE?

Using exactly the same setup in P3D and FSX-SE, I find that mouse use in P3D does not effect frame rates but in FSX-SE it drops about 20%.  I wonder if Steam/Dovetail Games can fix this in FSX-SE?

Nope. Still there.

I thought the new Beta was addressing that issue.

So much for my powers of observation.  During the FSX years (I started on day one of its' release) I was never aware of the issue.  Recently became aware and checked both sims.  I also just checked and it still exists even though I am on the beta.

I made a video just now.

I do have the beta installed. 

It was difficult to see the numbers. It looks like you were running at 44 FPS with cursor gone. I have noticed in the past that the higher frame rate you run, the bigger percentage hit, not frame rate hit, you get. At 31 FPS locked I only get a 2 to 4 FPS hit. Something to think about. Now if they can only fix it.

It was difficult to see the numbers. It looks like you were running at 44 FPS with cursor gone. I have noticed in the past that the higher frame rate you run, the bigger percentage hit, not frame rate hit, you get. At 31 FPS locked I only get a 2 to 4 FPS hit. Something to think about. Now if they can only fix it.

Around 44 without, and 31 with mouse. The title of the video gets in the way. I had to put my face up to the screen in order to see it properly.

Thing is, I would get 44 with or without the mouse in other things (eg. X-Plane, P3D, random games), regardless of whether I lock my frames. There should be no framerate hit, if implemented correctly.