Sign in to follow this  
rfresh737

Releasing a free 3D camera view app for FSX

Thanks for the kind words or support...I have a to-do list an arm long and I'm working through it to enhance EZCamViews...and the big feature coming is the mouse move feature where you will have the option to use the mouse to move the camera around the cockpit...EZCamViews will go well beyond what FSX can do with the mouse move feature...all custom design and custom code...no other camera app currently does what EZCamViews will do when I release this feature!! Please stay tuned!!

Yes, as Klaus mentions, I'm sure when people have tried it for some time and finds out what a great addon it is, they will donate for it. 

I know that most addons work in fsx se, what have Dovetail changed in FSX SE, since some addons ( i.e EzCam) doesn't work "out of the box"?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

>I know that most addons work in fsx se, what have Dovetail changed in FSX SE, since some addons ( i.e EzCam) doesn't work "out of the box"?

Can you please re-state your question? I don't understand what you are asking...thanks...

Will this have a conflict with Ezdok?  Will I have to uninstall Ezdok to install Ezcam?

Teddy

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own1_378x68.jpg ftx_supporter_avsim.gif

Will this have a conflict with Ezdok?  Will I have to uninstall Ezdok to install Ezcam?

Teddy

First off, thanks for the donation. If you email me your ID Code I can send you a new lic file that will remove the start up splash screen.

There should be no conflict as far as the camera views are concerned since EZCamViews uses its own custom camera files. I don't touch the FSX camera files at all.

Hot keys might be an issued depending on what other add-on apps are using so you may or may not see a hot key problem.

If there are no hot key conflicts I don't see why you cannot use EZCam with another camera app. I am not aware of any reason why you could not do this. Let me know how it works however!

Thanks...

I have played around with it now. I have to say your User Interface is awesome, very intuitive and efficient.

But I have a problem setting the views for my PMDG NGX. When I create a new view on the camera views tab and set standard zoom to 0.50 (my mostly used zoom level) and than go to camera position my zoom snaps to max zoom in. When I now "scroll wheel" back to 0.50 and set my view to my liking and save it, than change to another view and than back, it zooms max in again... I hope this is understandable :-)

Thank you!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

...I tried it again, it makes absolutely crazy things when I change between cam vies in the camera position tab... always max zoom in and weird banking. The last thing was a complete upside down view ^^

What can I do wrong here?

Thanks 

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I have played around with it now. I have to say your User Interface is awesome, very intuitive and efficient.

But I have a problem setting the views for my PMDG NGX. When I create a new view on the camera views tab and set standard zoom to 0.50 (my mostly used zoom level) and than go to camera position my zoom snaps to max zoom in. When I now "scroll wheel" back to 0.50 and set my view to my liking and save it, than change to another view and than back, it zooms max in again... I hope this is understandable :-)

Thank you!

1. I have the PMDG 737NGX (FSX) and the default zoom is 0.30 (not 0.50). Try just using 0.30. I see no reason to use 0.50 at all.

2. I'm not sure why you are using the mouse wheel to control zoom. EZCam does NOT use the mouse wheel to do anything. So you are changing the zoom 'outside' of EZCam and you should not be doing that. Remember my videos I said zoom was poorly handled by Microsoft in the SDK so you should NOT be manually using the zoom inside FSX otherwise you will only mess up your views because EZCam will have no idea what you did. This is not a limitation of EZCam...any and all add-on apps have this same problem.

So in summary I think if you set 0.30 and do not use the mouse wheel to zoom around or any other manual zoom keys that FSX uses you will be fine. Rather than use zoom use the dolly fwd. I use the PMDG 737NGX and keep away from using the zoom.

...I tried it again, it makes absolutely crazy things when I change between cam vies in the camera position tab... always max zoom in and weird banking. The last thing was a complete upside down view ^^

What can I do wrong here?

Thanks 

Are you using FSX? I don't yet support FSX SE or P3D.

Thank you for fast reply! Will trie it asap.

I use FSX Gold Edition, no steam or p3d.

But I have some questions though.

Just to get it right, you talk about not using any fsx zoom for seting up the views? When I am on a flight and change from one view to another via the matrix, will I be able to pan around with my mouse? I have setup a button on my logitech mouse for the space key to pan and zoom.

And about the standard zoom level, when I load up my ngx I think it is at 0.70. I use 0.50 because 0.30 is much too wide back to see anything in the cockpit. With 0.30 I can see from left side window to the right side window... but maybe I dont understand the thing with standard zoom not enough at this time :-)

Thank you for your effort!

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

1. Mouse panning is coming up soon...the code is finished but there is a lot of testing for me to do so please give me some time with this feature. Mouse panning will be entirely inside EZCam and not use anything regarding mouse panning from FSX. Two very separate things. I will have a hot key for you to set and you will need to remove the mouse pan key from FSX so as to not conflict.

2. When you load up the NGX, press the default FSX minus key to make sure you are back at the 0.30 zoom point. Again I will say please use 0.30 and if that's too much of a view, then dolly fwd to get the view you want. Do not zoom it in to get the view you want. Please stay away from using the FSX zoom at all.

There are a few flight simmers having problems with zoom so I guess I'm going to have to say this: please do not use FSX zoom at all. Do not manually zoom with FSX. Do not use the mouse wheel to zoom because you are using FSX's zoom capability. I do not have mouse wheel hooked up to anything inside EZCam so do not use the mouse wheel to try and zoom. Use EZCam dolly fwd and back instead.

I don't want to repeat what I said in my videos re zoom but Microsoft did not give us add-on developers ANY zoom support at all. That is the problem with using FSX zoom. It will mess up your views so please do not use it. It's a Microsoft caused-problem and not the fault of any add-on app. Thanks...

Seems to work ok for me in Steam version.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Are you having those kinds of problems with EZCamViews?

No, Ralph I'm not having problems as I did not install it yet. Just trying to see if some people got any issues with the cam. Thanks

john goncalves

I just released 0.9.5. It's available from the down load link on the website: www.EZCamViews.net

0.9.6 just released!

FSX Steam Edition now supported!

Mouse move feature now to position the camera around the cockpit with the mouse.

Numerous bug fixes.

Other enhancements.

Please checkout the website for down load: www.EZCamViews.net