Sign in to follow this  
IrishAirline99

STAR Question

Hi all,

I`ve recently started using payware products such as Aerosofts Airbus X A318/A319 addon. I have to say its an excellent addon but I`m struggling on the Flightplan page on the MCDU. Lets take Boston to Toronto for example:

From Rfinder:

KBOS SID BOSOX V1 GRIPE V419 WITNY V146 ALB V14 BEEPS V84 UMAGY V14 GEE V84 BUF STAR CYYZ

I`m just wondering how do I find the SID that corresponds with BOSOX? The same can be said for the STAR that corresponds with waypoint BUF, how can I find the right arrival? I`ve watched alot of tutorials on youtube but none explain how I can find the right one. This may sound like a stupid question but how can I find it?

Thanks In Advance!

Normal practice in the sim is to establish which runway you will be departing from, them use the airport charts (you can google these or use someone like Navigraph) to find the correct SID/STAR.

These may also show up correctly as SID/STAR options  in your FMC/FMS when you select the takeoff/landing runway. However the charts you find (if up to date) may not correspond to your FMC Airac as the latter may be out of date.

For example it appears that BOSOX is not used in any current KBOS SIDS. It may have been used in a previous SID (LOGAN7) but I think you would have been vectored to BOSOX immediately after takeoff. So in the sim you need to fly the a/c to BOSOX.

Likewise for arrival, you need to establish which runway you will be landing on and then select the appropriate STAR. LINNG5 seems the most appropriate one for your routing, but again this does not start at BUF, but at WOZEE in the most up to date STAR.

Your best bet is to use a better flightplan site, try this one http://www.simbrief.com/home/?page=home

Also remember that to get the best accuracy your AIRAC in the FMS should be the same date as the flightplanner you are using and the charts you are using to visualise the SID/STAR.

Peter Schluter

Peter has the more "professional" way. If you just want to get flying quickly, put your route into your FMC/FMS, etc and just mess around with the SIDS and STARS a bit. Doesn't seem very professional, but it can be pretty fast sometimes lol.