Sign in to follow this  
Gautham Manoj

No Activation Window PMDG 777 Base Pack

Hi Everyone!

First time inquiring here. i have recently purchased a Boeing 777X base pack from PMDG, but I have been unable to activate the product over the past few days. I am the proud owner of the PMDG NGX package as well, which I recall had asked me to enter my purchase code after an internet download. However after running the installer for the PMDG 777, it did not ask me for an activation. When loading the aircraft into Flight Sim X (SP2, installed, checked and verified), before clicking the "Fly Now" i get an error which states "initialization of license library failed" . If i skip this error and head into the flight I see the aircraft with no landing gear, Unable to move the control surfaces and  with black gauges. 

I have attempted to do a complete uninstall and re-install it multiple times, with the same results. i have also reinstalled FlightSim from the top up with no change in the situation. I have already submitted a ticket with PMDG support and after receiving instructions for initial troubleshooting (which failed) they have become unresponsive. 

I would appreciate any help and suggestions regarding the matter, and have not been able to find this topic discussed earlier. 

Warm Regards,

Gautham Manoj

Friday, September 4th

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hello,

Send a ticket there:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/

You will need to create an account (different from the one used for purchase).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hey budbud, I've already done so. I got an initial troubleshooting reply. All of the suggestions which I have tried. But since there wasn't any change to my problem, I have sent a reply and I am yet to receive any update from Product Support.

The suggestion I was given was

1. Can you make absolutely certain for us that you have either FSX SP2 or FSX Acceleration installed? To do this, go to your FSX folder in Explorer, right click the FSX.exe file and go to the details tab - look at the "Product Version" field - if it does not contain "sp2" or "xpack", then you're using the original version of FSX or the SP1 version. If this is the case, you need to download SP1 and SP2 and install them, or install Acceleration from a disc.

FSX SP1:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28441/PMDG/fsx_sp1_ENU.exe (Microsoft removed their own link to SP1 - this is a valid copy)

FSX SP2:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8986

2. Please check and make sure that your Windows date (month, day and year, all three) and time settings are accurate and correct. The activation needs this to run correctly. It may be that the date and time are incorrect in the system BIOS and that's what reverts Windows to an older date. Consult your system or motherboard manual on how to verify it in the BIOS.

3. Issues can be caused by disabling the aircraft's licensing service in Windows either manually or through a utility that automatically disables services such as GameBooster or AlacrityPC. PMDG does not recommend disabling Windows services, the alleged performance gain is dubious and doing so can cause many problems when a program goes to access a service that has been disabled. To check for the issue: Go to the Start button and type "services.msc" into the search box and press enter. Locate the service called "FlexNET Licensing Service." in the list that comes up. Right click it, choose properties, and under the dropdown menu for "Startup type" ensure that it is set to "Manual". If it's set to anything else, change it to Manual.

4. There may be a firewall or other security application blocking the activation's attempts to contact our server - if this is the case, you'll need to temporarily disable it or if it's a hardware firewall forward port 8888 to your computer's local IP address. Let us know if none of these common solutions work for you.

I got an initial troubleshooting reply. All of the suggestions which I have tried. But since there wasn't any change to my problem, I have sent a reply and I am yet to receive any update from Product Support.

Stay with Product Support to resolve your issue, there's absolutely nothing us 'users' can add that they haven't already covered.  You didn't mention if you followed up with the suggestions they gave you, which pretty much encapsulates anything that can cause your symptom, so there's even less that us 'users' can do to help you right now.

The PMDG support guys are very good and will help you... might not be in the same time zone as you but be patient and follow their suggestions.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey Dan, 

Thanks for your reply. I guess I'll stay with them and post what their response was (if it solves the issue). Is my first time having to deal with product support of any sort and I'm quite excited to get started on the new toy.  Thanks for your response again.

Gautham Manoj

What often catches me out running PMDG products for the first time, is when the activation form pops up *under* the simulator window. Minimising the FSX window may reveal the PMDG activation form after the plane is loaded.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hi Steve,

I just went about trying that. I didnt get any window underneath. I did get the usual popup that says "initialization of license library failed" .

cheers,

Gautham Manoj

Hello all,

I just purchased within the past 24hrs.  I'm experiencing the same thing.  Disabled firewall, etc., ad nauseum.

Duane Palmore

Hello all,

I just purchased within the past 24hrs.  I'm experiencing the same thing.  Disabled firewall, etc., ad nauseum.

Duane Palmore

Hi Duane... I almost always recommend that activations and licensing issues be taken directly to PMDG rather than the user forum.  See above for the Product Support link.

Dan Downs KCRP