Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Some NGX Q/A

1. On one cruise with 737-700 (cruise weight 56 tons) with light headwind (10kts), engines were keeping N1 around 86% at M0.77. On other cruise with 737-800 (cruise weight 60tons) and pretty strong tailwind around 45kts, N1 was at 88%, keeping M0.76 for economy cruise because of tailwind. It wasn't econ cruise at all. I'm still confused why that happened. As stated on Wikipedia, all three models have exaclty the same cruising thrust (5,480 lbf (24.38 kN)). It's logical that 737-800/900 will struggle more to keep cruising speeds. And on top of all engine buzz sound was there during the whole cruise, like it was on climb.

Is it normal that in the real life 737 you'll hear engine buzz on cruise? I noticed that buzzing sound is present over 85% N1 in the NGX.

2. I noticed that flaps 30 landing are waaay too hard when compared to flaps 40 smooth, straightforward and easy 50-60ft/m landings. All my landings are flaps 40 regardless on runway length and airplane weight. Tried flaps 30 landings few times and every time I must flare it pretty hard, with higher push on the throttles than with flaps 40 finals, struggling to keep the speed at VREF + 5. If I ease the throttle to match the VREF + 5, I must flare pretty hard, probably at 10 degrees, and there is no wy I can see the runway, must move the view quite higher, which is unrealistic, it's like the pilot is got up from the chair. Is there a special technique for a flare 30 landings? I assume the airplane weight must be lower that X tons? I can't remember, maybe when I was practicing flaps 30 landings, airplane weight was maybe on MLW, not sure.

3. Do I have to set cruise altitude and landing airport elevation on the overhead panel? I rarely set that two knobs up (when I remember), and never noticed any issues. AFAIK all cruise and landing airport info is set in FMC, so why this two knowbs are so important?

That's it so far, thank you for answers in advance!

Cheers

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Probably not exactly the same condition since I was using FSGRW on two different days, but I was at FL350, at least temeprature was similiar. If 737-800 was cruising at 88% N1, what would 737-900 do? Roar at 92%?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I usually set the knobs on the overhead panel and I think when using fs2crew the co-pilot may do it. No idea if it makes a difference, but I do it anyway.