Sign in to follow this  
amalishkin

Pause Sim at X miles out of airport

is there a utility for fsx or p3d where you can say pause my sim xxx miles out from specified airport?  looking for something for GA stuff and was wondering if something like that even exists? similar to Pause at TOD but only where it doesnt care about flight plan but rather checks distance?

anyone know anything like that?

Yes. It's called "Xpause" by Patrick Fabre - Google it. I use it all the time on long flights, usually pausing around 140nm from the destination airport.

Both options should work. Iwillbeback is a gauge to be added to the panel, xpause uses fsuipc.

I prefer xpause as it uses the flight plan to predict TOD and is external to the panel. It can also pause based an altitude and a test of other variables.

IWillBeBack uses N miles from a lat/long.

B.

WW1294.png

Take a look at "Lord of the Landing" - http://planeman-fs.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/lord-of-landing-v17.html. It works well and could be just what you're looking for.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

IWillBeBack is an externally run utility that communicates with FS through FSUIPC. You tell it how many miles you want to fly before the pause and that is what it will do.

It works with FS9 and FSX and as long as FSUIPC is installed I would predict with P3D.

IWillBeBack works.

Jim, I'll have to admit that I thought that was a joke. I had no idea there was a utility named that.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

IWillBeBack is an externally run utility that communicates with FS through FSUIPC.

You are right (of course) - I was thinking of BeThere! My mistake.

I still prefer XPause.

WW1294.png

IMO XPause would meet his needs the best, as it does exactly what he needs - pauses the sim at X miles from the destination airport. XPause can also generate an aural alarm if needed.

XPause also has another very useful function as it can auto-pause when a deviation from a certain altitude and/or airspeed is detected, in case the aircraft's autopilot suddenly loses control while you're away from keyboard. For example If my cruise altitude is 31,000ft I can set a lower limit of 29,000ft on Xpause, and the program will auto-pause if the aircraft suddenly start a descent on its own and reaches 29,000ft.

I am using iwillbeback nicely, its exactly what i wanted.  since this is for GA flying i dont need to program any tod as that still will stay with me.

thank you all for suggestions and help on this.