Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Why do I have these tiles on my scenery?

I'm using UTX for P3D and default scenery.  I do have KEGE installed from Orbx and I'm traveling from KSGU to KEGE.

Is this a tessellation related thing?

p3dtiles.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

At first glance, it looks as though there is a conflict between two different scenery textures, or rather, two different and conflicting scenery add-ons.  You sure you don't have something like ORBX scenery still installed/loading?  Sorry if I seem like I'm grasping at straws.

-Jim

Sorry Ryan, I forgot to include some helpful info, concerning tesselation.  This come directly from P3D's Learning Center:

Terrain Tesselation Factor

The hills, valleys, mountains, and canyons are drawn using real-world digital elevation data. The mesh includes a map of points at different elevations. The more points that get drawn at any time, the more detail in the terrain, and the more computing power required.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I'm not sure.  It might be Orbx EGE doing something but the tiles are square 100's of miles away from EGE.  

Frankly.... Orbx stuff and UTX never play well.... it's probably something related as you suggest.... more digging.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have the same problem beetwen Juneau PAJN and Yakuta PAYA with only Orbx south Alaska in p3D 

never had such problems in other part of the world (other orbx regions or global) and i don't why i have this behavior only south of PAYA.

Strange thing.

My scenery orders....

Weird thing is, there is a range where the squares stop.  Here in the midwest there are no squares....  

sceneryorder.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Are you using FTX Global?  I'm wondering if there is a conflict with that and UTX.  I don't have experience working with two different add-ons that deal with global textures, since I only use one.  Aren't all airports to be placed at the top of any FTX-related scenery files?  How about this, fire up FTX Central V2, pick a region to fly in and then apply it, then go to the library insertion points section of FTXC v2 and make sure all airports are above FTX.  Also look to see where the UTX stuff falls.  I would bet money that one or the other needs to be turned off which may avoid those squares appearing.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

No I dont have global.  Maybe that's the issue.  But I don't see how not having global would create squares in my scenery hundreds of miles from EGE.

I re-ran UTX config tool, didn't help

Weird thing is I get this in FSX as well.  But I don't own GEX for P3D, only in FSX.  

So it's either an orbx issue or UTX issue.  Orbx hasn't responded so far.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Well, the plot thickens...

Temporarily disabling UTX USA figure 80% of the square tiles.  But at one point there weren't any tiles... it was all smooth transitions.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

on the KEGE page it mentions that it requires FTX global... maybe it makes some assumptions with overwriting certain textures that would not be noticeable if you have ftx installed, since it would presumably fix the references to them in other areas to point to the correct new ones?

not sure really but something to consider, maybe when you hear from their support it will be more clear. i do use UTX USA and FTX together and it seems to work well, i don't notice unusual corruption like that, but i haven't tried KEGE yet

cheers and good luck

-andy crosby

Possible.  I read on the EGE release preview (a few weeks ago) that Jarrad re-did some landclass in Colorado and the rockies in the EGE package.  I may ask for a refund if that's the case.  I use PSP and it works great!

The weird part though, is that I disabled EGE and the problem persisted.  Maybe I'll try re-doing the GEX textures too.  Except I only have GEX in FSX, and not P3D - this issue exists in both my sims.   :sad:

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |