Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

P3Dv3 - This Makes The Update Worth Evrery Penny

Hi Everyone,

A partial C/P from Beau Hollis

"Seeing the customer demand for using a combination of heavy add-ons while taking advantage of all the new features of v2, we made memory optimization a top priority for v3. We are very proud of the engine enhancements we were able to make and are excited to see what the community will be able to do with access to more system and video memory in v3."

That in-and-of-itself is worth the ticket for admittance, everything else is just gravy!. Purchased my copy at 1:21pm.

Thanks L/M, without you guy picking up where M/S left off we'd have nothing more than a relic of what we have today.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

So far we have a thread on a reported OOM here said to have happened only after 5 mins of flight in the F35 , and I saw one on a Twitch Stream of 3.0 today of the NGX flying locally around CYYZ.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I probably saw the same twitch stream and he intentionally tried to get a crash and succeeded after maxing everything more or less. What was promising from the stream was the fact that he was showing realtime VAS usage and you could see V3 purging memory along the way. He was running an I5 @ at 3.5Ghz and his framerate was around 5fps when he got it to crash at max settings. In real flight you would not be maxing the settings like he did on that hardware.

In essence, yes you can get OOMs in V3 but in reality you probably wont get them as often as we used to. 

It will only get better gentlemen.

They are already working on 3.1.

Report all problems to LM at http://www.prepar3d.com

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato