Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Prepar3D- Does anyone like V 3.0? Positive remarks?

Marcel -- what graphics card do you have? In P3d 2.5, my 270X did not run well at all with the 15.x driver and I dropped back to 14.12. I have not upgraded to 3.0 yet.

Thx

P.

I have a Saphire 290 with 4GB vram and run an eyefinity setup @ 5750x1200 (three monitors). Im on Win10 and the latest certified drivers. Im not a "sliders-to-the-right-guy" and a lot depends on addons, but i am very pleased with the way tesselation and shadows are rendered. With AA I have to make  a compromise because the card lacks the fillrate of a 980ti. I have occasional stutters when things are loaded, but no microstutters. Smooth flight overall. Very good bang for the bucks IMHO.

Hope this gets sorted with V3. Im really eager to try this version.

Marcel

I would say that my experience has been good thus far. I did have an OOM error in my early tests, but I would say that largely it is a great improvement and performs nicely. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Rob, thank you for mentioning that you have had no problems with the Saitek Yoke with P3D3 and Windows 10.

I, unfortunately have had nothing but trouble with the Saitek Cessna Yoke since I "upgraded" to Win 10 from Win 7 (64-bit), with both P3D2.5 and P3D3.0. When I connect the yoke, the simulators work normally; as long as I keep the yoke connected, everything is fine. However, when I disconnect the yoke both wired and wireless mice go nuts when I try to click on something. Using the keyboard to restart or shut down the computer, Windows 10 cannot complete the task - I have to force a hardware power-down. If I shut down the computer before disconnecting the yoke, and then disconnect, the first reboot fails; the second reboot works.

Other people have reported the same problems. Mad Catz has not yet provided a Windows 10 driver. I am wondering what is special about your setup.

Frans

Lol. This is the same problem I've been having with the yoke and Windows 10. Like you, if I keep the yoke and pedals plugged in I'm fine. If I unplug the yoke my mouse freezes for a minute then comes back and frame by frame tried to catch up to my inputs while making a fault sound each frame it moves. My PC won't even fully restart, so I have to shut it down by holding in the power button. After the restart I'm fine again. If I plug the yoke back in I'm fine. It's just when I unplug it.

Just checked Mad Catz' site and it appears that our problems might be happening across other Pro Flight as well. I saw a notice about new Windows 10 beta drivers for the Saitek HOTAS.

http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/604/0/windows-10--saitek-hotas-beta-drivers-and-software-release

Looks like it also has a bug when the cable is unplugged from the PC.

Just wanted to say thanks to all you who have stepped up with positive input on V3. It makes a great day for the hobby when you see so many virtual smiles and grins. I hope when things get sorted then many of you will take the time to say thanks and job well done. The LM DEV team have done a great job and the future does indeed look bright!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

As I stated in my other post, loaded up lastest ASN build and LOWI ... I've never seen such realistic weather in any sim (no popcorn clouds, no rotating clouds, no VAS hit).

Personally I think folks would be missing out on a great experience if they did not at least try V3 ... not suggesting anyone abandon their favorite Flight sim at all ... but V3 has my very solid stamp of approval.  I'm sure other 3rd party devs will discover more ways to add to and make P3D V3 an even better platform.

Cheers, Rob.

I recently had some professional endeavors pop up that will likely draw me out of flight simming for a little while but the short time I had messing around with V3 proved to be pretty great. Granted none of my ORBX addons were loaded into it, PMDG aircraft at FSDT and FlightBeam aircraft performed well and with a ton of VAS left into it.

The changelog also shows a lot of improvements that maybe a lot of us won't notice but will prove helpful, such as many of the SimDirector issues.