Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Prepar3D- Does anyone like V 3.0? Positive remarks?

pmdg plane seems to be fine, i get this error log when i exit p3d, any suggestions?

Well right off the bat its a pmdg problem as you didnt have this issue before loading it - so post the question in pmdg forum - they will help you and you may have found something they are not aware of as its so early in the game

Rich Sennett

i think i am gonna sit back and wait, i don't know where to post it, i have posted here, but never posted problems, i never had any.

Like it? Yes.

Love it?  Too early to tell, BUT I can say that above framerates and eye candy, it's the stability that has me sold.  What I have read and watched from reviewers and beta testers was proven by me last night.  Stability should be first and foremost on anyone's agenda as LM has fixed what has been broken in the core flight sim for far too long.  Now, the real test will come when add-on developers start releasing their updated installers for weather, scenery and aircraft.  I for one am being very patient and allowing time to fine tune P3D to a level I am comfortable and happy with, however I don't regret the upgrade purchase as I now see that LM has finally got a few more things right.

One other note, their implementation of refined and advanced HDR settings as well as a "scenery on demand" type functionality has eliminated the need for a couple of add-on applications we grew to love and use for a while.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Thanks guys for all the comments. Adds a bit of context and balance to the release. It sounds like some good improvements to the code. I did see one post by the LM lead dev who said something like there would be more changes and updates released in the "next few days" which is exciting. It makes you wonder if maybe this release is designed to get things updated and stable for more features coming soon. Time will tell.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I love how brutally it checks my old code for mistakes.

It finds errors I didn't even imagine were possible. :fool:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

I am wondering whether my 2GB GTX 770 is good enough to handle v3 at high detail settings, or whether I need to ask Santa to sneak a 4GB GTX 970 down the chimney at Christmas :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am wondering whether my 2GB GTX 770 is good enough to handle v3 at high detail settings, or whether I need to ask Santa to sneak a 4GB GTX 970 down the chimney at Christmas :smile:

Yeah, go on then...do it  :smile:

Well, I only use a single monitor at 1920x1080 resolution, so I don't know if I really need a 4GB card. On a side note, I have just checked out prices on Amazon UK for the 4GB GTX 770 and the 4GB GTX 970, and the latter is considerably cheaper! What on Earth is that all about? :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well, I only use a single monitor at 1920x1080 resolution, so I don't know if I really need a 4GB card. On a side note, I have just checked out prices on Amazon UK for the 4GB GTX 770 and the 4GB GTX 970, and the latter is considerably cheaper! What on Earth is that all about? :huh:

Well, the latter is the one I've got and its absolutely fine.  I have a 40inch 4K monitor.

How about the 6gb 980 ti?

I haven't won the lottery yet.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

For me it has been an amazing experience so far!

It feels like the bottle neck of my system has been released. (I am only running a single GTX970 and an i7 4790k). A huge increase in frames. Everything is butter smooth. VAS stays <3.05 even in areas like SFO bay or Flytampa CYYZ with the PMDG T7, all the while enjoying spot views and circling the acft. And all that with almost all sliders maxed out.

There is still ASN and ORBX to be installed, but I am very positive that the good experience will remain.

I can only recommend it! I will not startup 2.5 again ;-)

Regards, Perry

Yea, this seems so far to be running smooth as silk. Much to explore and addon yet, but I like what I see. Initial VAS readings are much improved over 2.5.      

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

If you want to get rid of the popups after shutting down the sim, you can disable the "Scenario Error Logging" and the "Content Error Logging"

located under the General/ settings menu inside the sim.

regards, Craig.

ps, loving everything about v3 so far, especially the ability to adjust the HDR and bloom in the sim.

I had tried it out only for 15 minutes so far, but it looks much much better. HDR looks great, AA is better, reflections, dynamic lightning, everything is more 'polished'.

I am now downloading PMDG 737 installer and I will try it in some heavy overcast.

I wish ORBX installers were already available.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1