Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Not very happy with the "new" MSE 4x

Hi,

At the beginning of this post bernd1151 mentioned the big problem when you come close to the coast and i agree with him: Is there a new version of Florida 4X now which correct the problem?

Jérôme Dietsch

Florida 4X's has not been updated.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

it is being worked on! :smile:

Any chance of Northern Ireland being "worked on", Chris? :wink:

• Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am always waiting fo the update and always nothing it is not serious!

Florida x4 was updated a long time ago if that is what you are waiting for

On 10/27/2015 at 7:07 AM, fscottee said:

I've completed the entire state of Vermont with tree coverage.  Over 600,000 autogen trees (phenomenal amount) placed by sceProc, based on VGIS data.  As a comparison Nuvecta has 90,000 trees for the entire state of Washington... 

Hi there!

Wow! Not sure how you counted the "trees" but your numbers may be a bit off. How have you worked with setting up the AUTOGEN_DENSITY and TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL? Note that an autogen file doesn't specify how many trees will show up when running FSX. If you're counting agn files - they're not "trees". Just wondering - though you probably definitely know that already.

The latest Landscapes product (for trees they're not too different from Treeline) has the following: 68,189,374 Vegetation Rectangle Objects and 8,853,880 Vegetation Polygons just in the states east of the Mississippi River alone. In WA (your quote) there are 3,075,417 Vegetation Rectangle Objects and 619,522 Vegetation Polygons. In VT there are 496,705 Vegetation Rectangles and 87,359 Vegetation Polygons. As you know, either of these types defines many autogen trees each, particularly the polygons, depending upon their area covered and graphics settings.

Perhaps you are quoting agn file numbers for my WA Treeline product. I can't understand where you got the 90,000 number from except from the number of agn files (92, 806 in Treeline and 115,555 in Landscapes for WA. There are 17,350 for VT because it's small. hopefully that roughly matches yours)?

Landscapes, BTW, in addition to trees, adds 1,335,245 buildings to WA alone, 156,078 buildings to VT, and 40,937,930 buildings to just the states east of the Mississippi River (covering about 1 million sq. miles).

Seems like we're both producing "a phenomenal amount".

Your VT scenery looks great by the way but, to produce autogen covering 3,137,416 sq. miles of scenery in total, I had to come up with some decent [automated] methods to create decent results. I also invested in expensive commercial geo-spatial data to account for the massive failings in US OSM data. I couldn't afford to license or reverse engineer ortho-imagery myself so I only produced straightforward autogen from digital vector data. I certainly couldn't manually create or wait for scenProc to "analyze" that amount of imagery, even if it was available at a reasonable resolution for the whole area.

Finally, let me just ask if you would consider stopping trashing my product (e.g. calling it "word not allowed" - in another thread where I didn't respond - or misrepresenting the "numbers"). I try my best. I make it as cheap as I can to cover just the costs of what's required to make it. I haven't made any profit from Treeline or Landscapes. I'm basically just a hobbyist like you. Clearly, I can't and wouldn't speak ill of your creation - it's great and must have taken a lot of effort. I think we all try to make a good contribution to flight simulation, we're just building different types of add-on for different uses.

Thx

ian

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, iangbusa said:

Personally I absolutely love the Nuvecta products, I had the original 'tree only' products for a few States and recently bought my first couple of Landscapes products - personally I wouldn't / couldn't fly over MSE scenery without them.    They do a brilliant job and the placement suits the orthos perfectly.

MSE England & Wales, with Nuvecta Landscapes E&W is my chosen set up for the UK (from a lot of options!).

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)