Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Not very happy with the "new" MSE 4x

"who told?"

Can't reveal the source but I can say it's a new development team that's not out on the flightsim market.  Saw some of their development shots.... all I can say is NICE!  But hey, it's all vaporware until they release it.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

4x MSE rather see masking fixed and having 50cm vs 1m makes no difference to me as much as fixing some watermasking. Just certain areas like Southwest USA New Mexico and Arizona photoscenery is great and still prefer it over default scenery. Just think higher rez photoscenery is really diminishing returns after certain because need more disk storage instead of 1.3 TB of whole USA need 3TB to 4TB. With dovetail sim coming in the next couple of years just hold off buying off buying further fsx items

scenproc only does autogen and is only as good as a combination of the data fed into it and the competency of the user in manipulating it!

for commercial sceneries working with the source pr imagery is by far more time consuming and resource intensive. But, for quick and dirty pr, FSET is pretty good :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

yes I do chris, IMHO the price of the english sceneries was just too much for the market to bear :sad:

FVFR seem to be able to do their fully autogenned sceneries for €25-30 which is almost half the price so maybe they just got the quality to price point ratio in a sweet spot... :)

There is definitely a market out there to tap for a developer who can put out decent quality pr with autogen and night lights at a not too extortionate price I think :)

w/o autogen ppl criticise it or being too flat

too pricy people opt for cheaper lc like orbx (which is good for what it is at its price but nowhere near as accurate

Are you in contact with the FVFR people then? Perhaps they'll turn their hand to the UK at some point as well? Even if the source imagery is too expensive to licence, perhaps theyd do 3d autogen areas for the uk that could work with the existing horizon scenery areas? That could be cheaper to produce and would sell to a lot of people who already own those volumes!

When will we see NEUK given the lovely NE France treatment anyway please? :P

FVFR did have a sort of agreement with ES as I understand having spoken to laurent some time ago however as i understand it, the French authorities will not sell the images to a non french company, which leaves FVFR in a nice situation.

Nigel Porter

simhaven. group see: https://www.facebook.com/groups/493455508243014

scenproc only does autogen and is only as good as a combination of the data fed into it and the competency of the user in manipulating it!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this new product coming out, but you can only have two varieties of trees and buildings, autogen buildings or hand-placed buildings.  

scenProc can use OSM data, or data taken from "building footprint"  data found at many governmental websites.  And its ability to place trees is far beyond any commercial product I've seen released to this day. 

I've completed the entire state of Vermont with tree coverage.  Over 600,000 autogen trees (phenomenal amount) placed by sceProc, based on VGIS data.  As a comparison Nuvecta has 90,000 trees for the entire state of Washington... 

There are also at least 10 city areas with building footprints including Burington which has complete city coverage, including over 70 real-life buildings retrieved from the 3D Warehouse.  Total amount of buildings, over 360,000.  I just need some good photoreal scenery for the entire state so it can look consistent!  That's why I'm hoping MSE 4X comes through with Vermont.

C9sLio3.jpgY0yQQUa.jpg

CIRustO.jpg

Hey fscottee,

that looks real nice what you did there.  Tell me, in that second shot looking down at the city.  Is there vegetation in the city as well?  Can't really tell from the screenshot.  What was the source of your VGIS?

thx,

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

It's fairly sporadic in the city block areas.  So I can use either scenProc's autodection feature or a new tool called Forest.  scenProc is easier to use and I just outline the city area that I want to detect using a paint program.   Those pics don't show the results.

I use data from http://vcgi.vermont.gov/

The E911 building footprints have most, and then I use the OSM building data found on the GeoFabrik website to fill in the empty spots. 

Forest and trees are from the national landuse database which is very accurate.   I also use some OSM landuse data to fill in the huge areas with trees.

All combined into shapefile format for use in scenproc.  I you want the base files they are here:

http://filefactory.com/file/48qjtmxwzqbv/vermont.rar

They have to fed into scenProc, which will dump it to a Texture folder for use in your photoscenery.

Here's my scenproc config file to process the above files:

IMPORTOGR|c:\users\wee\downloads\fullvermonttrees43.shp|*|*|NOREPROJ
IMPORTOGR|c:\users\wee\downloads\test\vermontbuildings.shp|*|*|NOREPROJ
ImportOGR|C:\users\wee\downloads\fullvermonttrees42.shp|*|*|NOREPROJ
ImportOGR|C:\users\wee\downloads\brattleboro.shp|*|*|NOREPROJ
ImportOGR|C:\users\wee\downloads\fullvermontforest.shp|*|*|NOREPROJ
#
SPLITGRID|AGN|*|FROMFILE=vermontbuildings.shp
#
CREATEAGNPOLYVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;FROMFILE=fullvermonttrees43.shp|{c9dc45ae-f240-42a9-a137-b7617452a308}
CREATEAGNPOLYVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;FROMFILE=fullvermonttrees42.shp|{0053b63d-b2c0-4bd9-9853-d9d21c9ad1fa}
CREATEAGNPOLYVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;FROMFILE=brattleboro.shp|{e8b937fd-a1f2-4bd5-8548-2c80d30102af}
CREATEAGNPOLYVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;FROMFILE=fullvermontforest.shp|{c9dc45ae-f240-42a9-a137-b7617452a308}
#
CREATEAGNGENBUILD|FTYPE=POLYGON;FROMFILE=vermontbuildings.shp;FWIDTH<20|{5ae04eb6-934c-4f63-bb48-5e7dee601212}|MAXRATIO=2
CREATEAGNGENBUILD|FTYPE=POLYGON;FROMFILE=vermontbuildings.shp;FWIDTH>70|{6089A0BD-CED1-4c47-9A9E-64CDD0E16983}
#

EXPORTAGN|FSX|c:\users\wee\desktop\texture

Thought there was going to be some news on the 1st about this autogen placing product for photoscenery?  Did I miss it?

Hi Scottee,
the announcement been delayed due to x4 overhaul!
it is still coming; first x4 is being sorted out,

who mentioned anything about autogen placing product? :blush:

who mentioned anything about autogen placing product? :blush:

You did, apparently:

the announcement been delayed due to x4 overhaul!

it is still coming; first x4 is being sorted out,

Dave.

you must have misunderstood my post then;

i never mentioned anything about autogen placement product :smile:

I suppose its a misinterpretation of what autogen is.  If it's just a representation of a style of a building, 2-story home, school, etc.. then its still accurately placed autogen.  If it's the actual textures of the building then its a custom building.  ORBX has a nice mix of both these. 

Then there's the generic autogen which basically just says, there's a building of some sort here.

So unless it's the actual textured representation of the building, it's still autogen.

ok... i may have mentioned something about accurately placed autogen objects,

but i never said anything about a placement product (maybe i miss understood your question :))

Now I would like to see something along the lines of what Godzone has done with their vector land class product. 

I would just like to see Northern Ireland done properly. I think I may have already mentioned this....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png