Sign in to follow this  
sgreen91

MAX LOD Radius

I just read in a Facebook group from K-Man he is running 9.5 LOD. Is that possible now by just adjusting the cfg like in previous FS versions?

Sean Green

Nope, Its still locked at 6.5 default....

tpewpb-6.png

You can edit the config file and put 9.5. I don't know if it'll do anything, but it does stay there until you mess with the slider once again.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

You can edit the config file and put 9.5. I don't know if it'll do anything, but it does stay there until you mess with the slider once again.

You can put any figure you like above 6.5 in P3dv2. onwards and it will do nothing, They locked it at 6.5 max.

tpewpb-6.png

Sean. 

You believe what you read on Facebook..?  :Hmmmph:

6.5 is the max, as Rick notes. It's hard-locked too.

You can put any figure you like above 6.5 in P3dv2. onwards and it will do nothing, They locked it at 6.5 max.

yep that's it

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Really?  That explains a lot then when flying Photoscenery.    I use SimStarter which of course let's you move the slider beyond 6.5.   In the past, I use 9.5 when flying Photoscenery to enhance the sharpness of the scenery further away since Autogen is not a factor when you use Photo real.   I noticed that the scenery wasn't nearly as sharp as I remember it in FSX.   Now I know why.   Here I thought 3.0 had taken things to the next level on LODing... no.. they cut our feet off instead.   Well played LM.  Well played.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Really?  That explains a lot then when flying Photoscenery.    I use SimStarter which of course let's you move the slider beyond 6.5.   In the past, I use 9.5 when flying Photoscenery to enhance the sharpness of the scenery further away since Autogen is not a factor when you use Photo real.   I noticed that the scenery wasn't nearly as sharp as I remember it in FSX.   Now I know why.   Here I thought 3.0 had taken things to the next level on LODing... no.. they cut our feet off instead.   Well played LM.  Well played.

They hardly cut our feet, LM explained they will not open the LOD settings because it has other consequences on loading textures, tessellation, and several other things!! its posted on the LM forums. As for your Photoreal you should be using the TextureMaxLoad=6 in your CFG, I use it for my Hawaii Photoreal and its detail is sharp??

tpewpb-6.png