Sign in to follow this  
tankcapt

737 NGX crashes FSX

I am having issues where the PMDG 737 NGX will freeze FSX. I have re-installed both FSX and 737 NGX to no avail.

I am having issues where the PMDG 737 NGX will freeze FSX. I have re-installed both FSX and 737 NGX to no avail.

Welcome to the forum. Please note that it is a forum rule to sign your posts with both your first and last name.

Reinstalling, as you can see, rarely ever fixes issues. Keep that in mind for future issues. It's best to reach out via support, or here in the forum to get help in troubleshooting the actual underlying issue.

How are you seeing this freeze? Right when you load the aircraft? After a certain amount of time? Explain in as much detail as you can the process required to freeze the sim.

Kyle Rodgers

It fully stops anywhere from 2 to 3 minutes after takeoff to an hour or more. When loading the plane at times some of the graphics of the 737 are transparent, at times the menu bar will be transparent. 

Yesterday I loaded FSX on to a newer computer, using my FSX CD's and acceleration, I loaded the PMDG 737 NGX from my account with PMDG and the same problems with the 737 arise. I'm wondering if my CD's are corrupted.

The new computer is running:

370-ACLS 8GB Dual Channel DDR4 2133MHz (4GBx2) 1 580-AEKV Backlit Keyboard, US English 1 490-BCXI NVIDIA GTX960M 2GB DDR5 1 340-ARXS Dell Wireless 1830 Driver (Windows 10) 1 400-AJBT 256GB PCIe Solid State Drive 1 619-AHCY Windows 10 Home (64bit) English 1 555-BCTP DW1830 3x3 802.11ac 2.4/5GHz + Bluetooth 4.1 1 340-AAMU   1 340-AGIK Safety/Environment and Regulatory Guide (English/French/Dutch) 1     1     1 338-BHZR 6th Generation Intel® Core i7-6700HQ Quad Core (6M Cache, up to 3.5 GHz) 1       389-BHGE Intel Core i7 Processor Label   391-BCHR

15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) InfinityEdge

Thanks very much

It's a common misconception in this community to assume things are corrupted so much (bad installs, corruption, and a number of other things). Most of the time, it's just a bad configuration on your own machine. In this case, my thought is that you do not have the HIGHMEMFIX and some of the other fixes mentioned in the Intro Manual. Additionally, you should be running the sim as an administrator. Are you doing this?

Again: Full names - first and last - are required in the forum here. This must be complied with, or posts will be removed.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

Kyle Rodgers

It's a common misconception in this community to assume things are corrupted so much (bad installs, corruption, and a number of other things). Most of the time, it's just a bad configuration on your own machine. In this case, my thought is that you do not have the HIGHMEMFIX and some of the other fixes mentioned in the Intro Manual. Additionally, you should be running the sim as an administrator. Are you doing this?

Again: Full names - first and last - are required in the forum here. This must be complied with, or posts will be removed.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

Kyle, have you considered just placing the statement "Full names in the forums, first and last", just to save time and typing? lol

-Jim

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Kyle, have you considered just placing the statement "Full names in the forums, first and last", just to save time and typing? lol

The more explicit I am in directions, the fewer chances people ask weird questions like "what do you mean by this?" or "why did my post get deleted?"

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

-Jim

I have often thought this as well  :smile: