Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

Are farmers hard working people? (TIC)

Lol. Yes I believe they spend there time drawing deigns into fields with tractors.

We're is this location, what scenery
The new Orbtx OpenLC Canada?

Great looking mid west farmland!

HLJAMES

There are reasons for those patterns.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

If it's Manitoba, Canada, I'd say the farmer was too busy swatting flies to be able to plow a straight line. ;o)

cheers, Craig

Lol. Yes I believe they spend there time drawing deigns into fields with tractors.

We're is this location, what scenery

The new Orbtx OpenLC Canada?

It is in Kansas, somewhere between KGLD and KULS. Scenery is Simsavvy. ORBX does not show this type of details, only generic tiles.

THX

Some explanations are in order here. In the first image in the OP you can easily see a winding pattern through the lighter section in the center of the image. If you look closely to the right and to the left of that center area you will see that pattern is a continuation. It is a drainage pattern and the farmer has to work around it, contouring his tillage and planting activities accordingly.  Much of contour farming is to protect what is planted, and to prevent erosion.

In the next to last image you can see an array of circles. Do a Google for "center pivot irrigation" and you will learn about what is going on with those circles.

In that same image that contains the circles you can also see some lanes that extend into some of the fields and a each ends with a turnaround. Those are either to service oil or gas wells, or those turnarounds are there to service energy producing windmills. Difficult to tell which it is from the photo real scenery, but in that area of the USA state of Kansas it could be either one.

Believe me, it is not a sign that the farmers are having a good time. Each is an indication of issues they have to work around, and each hinders the productivity of their work, and the yields from their efforts.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

It is in Kansas, somewhere between KGLD and KULS. Scenery is Simsavvy. ORBX does not show this type of details, only generic tiles.

Ah right cool, thank you. 

Some explanations are in order here.

Good post Frank :smile:   

Some explanations are in order here. In the first image in the OP you can easily see a winding pattern through the lighter section in the center of the image. If you look closely to the right and to the left of that center area you will see that pattern is a continuation. It is a drainage pattern and the farmer has to work around it, contouring his tillage and planting activities accordingly.  Much of contour farming is to protect what is planted, and to prevent erosion.

In the next to last image you can see an array of circles. Do a Google for "center pivot irrigation" and you will learn about what is going on with those circles.

In that same image that contains the circles you can also see some lanes that extend into some of the fields and a each ends with a turnaround. Those are either to service oil or gas wells, or those turnarounds are there to service energy producing windmills. Difficult to tell which it is from the photo real scenery, but in that area of the USA state of Kansas it could be either one.

Believe me, it is not a sign that the farmers are having a good time. Each is an indication of issues they have to work around, and each hinders the productivity of their work, and the yields from their efforts.

Hi Frank,

Don't worry, my post was to be read as a joke, that is why I added TIC in the  title which stands for "Tongue In Cheek"

I have a high respect for farmers who work hard to feed us.

Regards