Sign in to follow this  
superchief57

Poseidon P-8A Livery Issue

I just recently re-installed Prepar3d.v3 on a different hard drive and uninstalled and re-installed PMDG 737NGX back into Prepar3d.v3 on the new HD.  Everything works okay except, the Poseidon Livery is the same for Mad Foxes and the house Colors.  Seems that whatever is in the [fltsim.0] in the aircraft.cfg file, is the only one that will show up.  Example:  If I put the Mad Foxes in the [fltsim.0] position, all Poseidon aircraft will show the Mad Foxes colors.  If I put the the house colors in the [fltsim.0] position, then all Poseidon aircraft will show the house colors.  Is it possible I have a corrupt Poseidon aircraft.cfg file?  I tried repairing through the installer with no luck. Is it possible to get the default aircraft.cfg file for the Poseidon ONLY sent to me and install that?  Then I can re-install the mad foxes.  It's not that big of a deal but I just want it to be correct when flying.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Vinnie Covino

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi.

Things to check in your cfg file,are the texture files are in numbered sequence,and also they need a different title line , else they will all show as the same colour scheme,without seeing your texture cfg file section, of the cfg file i cannot be more specific as to the posible cause.

regards alan cottrill (so666)

I just recently re-installed Prepar3d.v3 on a different hard drive and uninstalled and re-installed PMDG 737NGX back into Prepar3d.v3 on the new HD.  Everything works okay except, the Poseidon Livery is the same for Mad Foxes and the house Colors.  Seems that whatever is in the [fltsim.0] in the aircraft.cfg file, is the only one that will show up.  Example:  If I put the Mad Foxes in the [fltsim.0] position, all Poseidon aircraft will show the Mad Foxes colors.  If I put the the house colors in the [fltsim.0] position, then all Poseidon aircraft will show the house colors.  Is it possible I have a corrupt Poseidon aircraft.cfg file?  I tried repairing through the installer with no luck. Is it possible to get the default aircraft.cfg file for the Poseidon ONLY sent to me and install that?  Then I can re-install the mad foxes.  It's not that big of a deal but I just want it to be correct when flying.

Prepar3D has an odd way of sorting things, so do keep in mind that sometimes the name of the aircraft can make it show up in a different spot. In the sort order, if something doesn't show up with PMDG prefixed, check to see if it's listed under Boeing.

Simple, click on the Publisher column to line up all the PMDG products together.

Thank you all for the help.  For some reason in the airplanes.cfg file, it showed the house cfg for all aircraft.  I deleted all of the addon ( ie:  [fltsim.1], [fltsim.2], ect.) and reinstalled the repaints again and everything was good to go.  Don't know why this happened.  I don't usually "play" with the cfg files.  Again, thanks for all the responses.

Vinnie Covino