Sign in to follow this  
expat

What is the deal with the FDE?

Just bought the PC-12.  Have had and flown the wings off the FSX Flight1 Pilatus.  Love this plane - favorite single engine aircraft.  Just got the Carenado PC-12 on sale and the flight model is rubbish!  It just wants to pitch up and climb all the time.  Drives you completely crazy.  Down trim is on full and still does it.  I did a clean re-install.  No improvement.  Re-calibrated my Saitek - made sure the pitch trim was set in the neutral detent.  No improvement.  My other Carenado planes including their nice B200 don't do this.  

And then, there is the famous runaway problem on startup that I thought everyone knew about with turboprops in FS and had found solutions to.  I have waited to buy this checking here frequently and seeing the long list growing longer of bugs and Bert and others very generous advice, help and posted fixes to everyone (what makes FS great - thanks all).  But really, can't Carenado do better than this?  This is even after their patch for goodness sake. Do I have to merge the F1 FDE to enjoy what is really only a pretty exterior at the moment?

I've installed the plane recently along with the version 1.8 update and I haven't noticed any problems. Check out the post "PC12 Overhaul Mod V1.0 and N594WA Repaint Released" and the latest version is the top sticky.

The other point I've found is that the aircraft will climb excessively after departure unless elevator trim is set to the green mark on the trim gauge. It sounds like you've flown this aircraft more than I have. Hopefully others here will chime in.

I recently installed the PC12 too (in P3D v3) and I did a 2+ hr flight last evening without any autopilot, I don't see any problem and never came close to running out of down elev trim. Don't see any problem on startup either but it's best if you cycle your joystick throttle a few times and move the VC throttle and condition levers stop to stop before you hit the starter button.

I use RealTrim (in all my sims) which makes trimming a lot more realistic IMHO, RealTrim is matched perfectly to the PC12 where on some aircraft it takes a couple jabs to get it trimmed if it's a long ways out. Freeware in the file library IIRC, try it out I think you'll like it.

Jim

Thanks for your replies.  Still having this issue.  How do you set the elevator takeoff trim?  I have downloaded Realtrim for FSX and will give that try later.

SOLVED!  I think it was doing another reinstall, this time without my Saitek X-52 controller plugged in.  Flies right now. Wonderful add on, really enjoying it and grateful to those here for assistance and helpful tweaks!

I recently installed the PC12 too (in P3D v3) and I did a 2+ hr flight last evening without any autopilot, I don't see any problem and never came close to running out of down elev trim. Don't see any problem on startup either but it's best if you cycle your joystick throttle a few times and move the VC throttle and condition levers stop to stop before you hit the starter button.

I use RealTrim (in all my sims) which makes trimming a lot more realistic IMHO, RealTrim is matched perfectly to the PC12 where on some aircraft it takes a couple jabs to get it trimmed if it's a long ways out. Freeware in the file library IIRC, try it out I think you'll like it.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Where I can download the RealTrim for FSX ?...Because in the Avsim library there is one, but for FS9.

Many thanks in advance

Best regards

Jean-Pierre