Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

If Complete reinstall GEX/UTX or FTX Global etc.

Currently and for a long time been using GEX,UTX,misc mesh and landclass..Very satisfied  but now we have FTX Global vector,LC.Looked at all screen shots at FTX for Global,vector and lc.I did not see enough difference to make a change.I use FTX all scenery for Pacific NW and Misty Moorings .very happy with all.My question is for simplicity sake if I had to do another complete reinstall (Hopefully not)do I abandon GEX/UTX and invest in FTX Global etc and get the world?Assuming monetary considerations are not involved.I love Nick at GEX and all his support and UTX has always been great.I did not see enough difference in screen shots to make a switch,but starting from scratch(if necessary) it just seems FTX Global is the better and easiest way to go.Plus it is worldwide.Any thoughts appreciated.Thanks,Rom

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You'll find advocates on both sides. 

I was a GEX North America user, but decided to go the FTX Global route because I was pleased with what I saw and it was less expensive than purchasing all of the GEX packages.

That being said, if you only fly in the area that you already own GEX for, then there is little reason to make the change, other than FTX Global is on sale and that makes it very attractive and you'll get the rest of the world..

As for UTX, it works great with FTX Global and Vector.  I have UTX USA and recently purchased Vector for the remainder of the world.  IMHO,  UTX is superior to Vector, but it doesn't cover the globe and Vector was a better deal for the portion of the world that I spend little time in.

Ernie

Thanks for the replies.Does Global replace my GEX if I give it a try?The "on sale" is what piqued my interest.Thanks

Thanks for the replies.Does Global replace my GEX if I give it a try?The "on sale" is what piqued my interest.Thanks

Yes. Global replaces all default textures. So, you will have to uninstall GEX first.

That is what I thought.I think for my use I will stay with what I have.Thanks for the pertinent info.Ron