Sign in to follow this  
hervesors

GPS intersections display color

Hi guys

Not absolutely sure, it is the right forum, but I'll try here.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the display color of fixes on GPS windows (both default and 3rd party ones that behave similarly)? Light pink for en route intersections is OK, but dark blue for terminal intersections is hardly visible (seems however it may depend on graphic card, NVidia driver and/or monitor settings). What is your experience about that? I know there's no option inside the sim for that. However, may be there is a workaround I didn't find.

Hervé 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In the custom draw section of the GPS  (<CustomDraw Name="fs9gps:map"....>) there are attributes that can be assigned. I haven't tested all of them but  you may try these. ( From XML Gauge Maps SDK)  

ColorLayerIntersectionsEnroute [int] [RGB value]
ColorLayerIntersectionsTerminal [int] [RGB value]
TextColorLayerIntersections [int] [RGB value]

And below is an example of how it MAY work - in FSX+ syntax - Just needs testing.

<CustomDraw id="CustomDraw" Name="fs9gps:map">
<Size>170,170</Size>
<Bright>True</Bright>

<!-- POSSIBLY MORE STUFF -->

<CustomDrawParam Name="ColorLayerIntersectionsEnroute"><Value>0x9393C6</Value></CustomDrawParam>
<CustomDrawParam Name="ColorLayerIntersectionsTerminal"><Value>0x9393C6</Value></CustomDrawParam>
<CustomDrawParam Name="TextColorLayerIntersections"><Value>0x9393C6</Value></CustomDrawParam>

<!-- POSSIBLY MORE STUFF -->

</CustomDraw>

Thanks a LOT..It works nicely although I had to find the steps to implement it. For those interested:

1) First I had to extract all files from the default fs9gps.cab (using winrar on my side but I presume other unzip software will work nicely)

2) Considering my aircraft is using the GPS_500 (gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500), I changed the following gps_500.xml file section (addition is in bold)

<Element Name="MapView Pages">
<Visible>(@g:currentGroup) @kNAVPageGroup ==</Visible>
<Position X="59" Y="0"/>
<CustomDraw Name="fs9gps:map" X="275" Y="230" LayerTerrain="Yes" LayerBorders="Yes" LayerFlightPlan="Yes" FlightPlanLineWidth="2.5" ActiveColorLayerFlightPlan="0x7010B0" PastColorLayerFlightPlan="0xF0F0F0" ColorLayerFlightPlan="0xF0F0F0" ColorLayerIntersectionsTerminal="0x9393C6" Bright="Yes" CenterX="137">

I have still to experiment with different RGB values

3) Then I rebuilt the cab file, using Makecab.exe and a bat script I found on a site

http://www.dostips.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1977

Curiously file size decreased from 551 KB to 527 KB..but without apparent problem in the sim 

Now I can see my terminal intersections

%5C%5Cwww.aero.sors.fr%5CForum%5Cnewgpsi

Wonderfull! Thanks again for that

Hervé

Hervé, you do not actually have to (re)CAB the folder until you are done experimenting. The sim will load the "gauge" from the folder if it exists. It will only look for the .CAB file if no folder of the same name is found.

This saves a lot of time and effort. If you assign a key-combo to the "Reload User Aircraft" command (I use Ctrl-Shift-R), you can instantly reload the aircraft and gauges to see your latest changes.

1. Edit .xml script
  2. Save edited .xml script
  3. Reload User Aircraft
  4. See changes instantly
  5. Repeat 1 through 4 as needed

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this