Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Is this Video Card Ok For P3D

Hi everyone.

My Gigabyte GTX580 just died, so have been looking at this card:

Asus STRIX GTX 970 DirectCU II Overclocked 4GB

It has very good cooling according to reviews, but was wondering if it would be a good buy. The 980 does not fit my budget.

Any advice is appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you cant get the 980, then the 970 is the way to go. I've had the Asus STRIX GTX 970 since it was first available and it's been fantastic.

If you cant get the 980, then the 970 is the way to go. I've had the Asus STRIX GTX 970 since it was first available and it's been fantastic.

Thanks Dave, that is good to know. There are so many flavors, it got a bit confusing.

It's my card, and i can say you its great, more than enough to put your sim looking good and performing well, but as you probably now the CPU its also a big piece of the puzzle, even more than the GPU itself ;)

• Upvote 1

Agreed.  I just upgraded from a gtx 970 to the 980 and haven't noticed any significant difference between the two cards

• Upvote 1

also remembering that the cpu/gpu balance has tilted further towards the gpu with v3 than was the case with FSX.

P3D v3 can keep my 970 working pretty hard. A 980 would be nice enough but I'll be waiting for Pascal for the upgrade.

also remembering that the cpu/gpu balance has tilted further towards the gpu with v3 than was the case with FSX.

P3D v3 can keep my 970 working pretty hard. A 980 would be nice enough but I'll be waiting for Pascal for the upgrade.

Really? never saw mine above 60% as for the CPU yes, always in high values.