Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

Thinking Of Switching to SSD

Ok, so from what i understood, its a good idea to get fsx and windows 7 installed in an ssd and the rest in the HD. But no one could answer my other question... Do i need to check if the ssd is compatible with the motherboard, or cpu or they're all compatible with each other? Thanks

As long as you have sata (6Gb/s) you are good.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

I held off as I was very happy with my 1TB Samsung Hard Drives, 1 for my OS and 1 for my FSX Install. I moved over to 2 x SSD;s 512GB.

I kick myself for not doing it sooner. I can boot into my OS in 19 seconds and the open FSX in about 9 seconds and then select a flight which on average is about 25 seconds... On an normal HD I would have been looking at 5 mins I reckon.. If you like to tweak, change your mind etc its wonderful to have such quick access to your flights. Other than a new monitor its by far the most revolutionary change to my flightsim experience...

Hamish