Sign in to follow this  
Lairyliam

Just a heads up!

Hello PMDG!!

​Its been 10 years since I purchased a PMDG product (stuck on FS9) but I have now made the switch to Prepar3d.
For Christmas I asked Santa nicely for a New 777 and he has granted that wish, (well two seeing as he's thrown the 300ER in as well.

This is nothing more, than a "Hello", "I am back", a "How are we", and a heads up to get my RTFM's ready for me as I try and fly this thing... :fool:
​it's downloaded all ready, but am not allowed to install until the 25th. and having spent months watching the likes of Kyle, and Froogle's videos, I really cant wait,
​(although I am sure my wife isn't looking forward to me disappearing for a "few" hours whilst I get the installation, configuration and a couple of touch and Go's completed!!)

Looking through the various forums, its good to see most threads still contain at least one post, where someone has to point out the use of full names.

​Nothing changes!!  hahaha

​Regards...

You thought I had forgot didn't you!

​Liam Reynolds. :Tounge:

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

You thought I had forgot didn't you!

​Liam Reynolds. :Tounge:

No, but I did think you had forgotten.. :Tounge:

Welcome back...

Cheers Guys!!

Currently at FL410 crossing the Atlantic on flight number 1... took forever to run through the 1.5 tutorial, tweaking setting, and changing things!

Happy as an elephant in mud!

Liam

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

The AVSIM guys are unhappy with our system specs in the banner, this changed in the last couple of months.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

I thought you guys were actually going to talk about the " heads up dsplay". Either i;m blind or dont see it mentioned.  Can anyone oper my eyes???/

Thanks  

George Haarmann

KPHX also drum corps fan

George Haarmann

KPHX

Drum & Bugle Corps Fan

I thought you guys were actually going to talk about the " heads up dsplay". Either i;m blind or dont see it mentioned. Can anyone oper my eyes???/

Thanks

George Haarmann

KPHX also drum corps fan

You're thinking of a head up display. Liam is giving everyone a 'heads up' that he's back in the PMDG forum. "Heads up" and "head up display" are completely different things.

ki9cAAb.jpg

"Heads up" and "head up display" are completely different things.

A belated "Merry Christmas" Kevin, 

"Head up display (HUD)" made me think about the problematic of "both crew members' heads down" situations in CRM. This way I came across the abbreviation "HDD" standing for usual (but maybe sophisticated) "Head Down Displays": 

https://www.rockwellcollins.com/Products_and_Systems/Displays/Head_Down_Displays.aspx

In times of augmented reality the question is if the whole visual conception shouldn't be "heads up".

BTW: wasn't it Boeing planning to be the first in building cockpits without windows and leaving them eventually on the ground? (Lower price, reduced maintenance, better aerodynamics etc.)

Maybe this is the point where PC simulation and RW flying will meet at the end of the day. 

Season's greetings and always "heads up!",

Claus B)

I have heard of both "Heads Up's!!" :) but in this case, yes i am back.

​I must be getting old tho, as i purposfully read the important bits in the manual before i kicked the tires... unlike the pilot in me of 2004!

​Shes a sweet bird, glad to finally have her in my hangar!

​With regard to my specs in my signature (i knew they would get me with something!!!!!) . Thanks for the "Heads up!" Major! - Pun Intended!

​I guess i best delete it, shame really,  for the first time in my life I have a system I am proud to have and shout about, tho one has to wonder why, given it stops the whole "What's your Specs" comments.

​Liam Reynolds
Proud Virtual Trip 7 Pilot (Trainee)  and PC Owner!!  

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

A belated "Merry Christmas" Kevin,

"Head up display (HUD)" made me think about the problematic of "both crew members' heads down" situations in CRM. This way I came across the abbreviation "HDD" standing for usual (but maybe sophisticated) "Head Down Displays":

https://www.rockwellcollins.com/Products_and_Systems/Displays/Head_Down_Displays.aspx

In times of augmented reality the question is if the whole visual conception shouldn't be "heads up".

BTW: wasn't it Boeing planning to be the first in building cockpits without windows and leaving them eventually on the ground? (Lower price, reduced maintenance, better aerodynamics etc.)

Maybe this is the point where PC simulation and RW flying will meet at the end of the day.

Season's greetings and always "heads up!",

Claus B)

Merry Christmas Claus,

The original Concorde design had no forward looking windows, just side windows, when the nose was raised.

Even with augmented reality displays, each pilot only has one head to have either up or down so I think 'head up' or 'head down' still remains correct.

ki9cAAb.jpg