Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

SSW releases a patch

Just wondering peoples take on this aircraft after the just released patch. I'm looking to check her out

Didn't know about this but thanks for sharing... I'll let you know what I find (It's about time, this has been over a year in the making. I actually thought SSW forgot about the A310)...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Well all after some testing I'd say there's diffidently some improvement. The autopilot has been fixed which was a big issue. The only shaky problem I see with the autopilot is with Auto-landing. The plane can't seem the capture the GS very well. I have yet to test out the FMC with cross country flight but from the looks of it most issues have been addressed. This aircraft is now flyable in FS9 which for me wasn't possible before. Time to break out that FedEx repaint once again for this bird...

FS2020 

bump. Can anyone add anymore to this? I've been wanting this plane for the longest time, but refused to buy it because of all the problems users had reported. My next purchase is either this or the Wilco CRJ? What do you think? It's been over a month since I've bought any payware and I'm starting to get the shakes and cold sweats.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

It has been a long time since I played with the 310, but from what I remember, there was barely anything working from the VC, so from that perspective, I dont see how it can come close to LevelD or PMDG....unless the VC is fully functional with 1.5 :)John.

Start with the Feelthere ERJ, it will get an upgrade one day (have a look in Feelthere's forum).For a decent CRJ, I suggest you to wait for the one from Hans Hartmann. Wilco's CRJ is nice but outdated and incomplete in terms of systems modelling. If you know the F1 ATR, you can easily imagine the worlds of difference between Wilco's CRJ and the one Hans does.Andreas

Actually John the lack of VC interactivity is the only problem. The SSW A310 is a true hard core simulation in every since of the term. This package is actually on the level of PMDG's 737747 and LevelD's 767 with everything else but the VC (this is contingent of course on everything being address/fixed with the release of the 1.5 patch). The look of the VC is top notch but nothing is clickable. All the gauges/switches move but you can't click them but bare in mind this was originally an FS2k2 add-on (I know that

FS2020 

Hi Dillon,I agree 100% with your assesment (I too own SSW A310), but to me, no clickable VC just does not cut it. I wish I was part of the majority, perhaps one day we will see more VC users demanding 100% functional VC. So far, I am VERY happy with PMDG VC, the gauges are as fluid as in 2D mode, which was a big requirement to me. LevelD and Feelthere ERJ comes second. I consider myself a hard core simmer (also a real life pilot), just not a hard core 2D pilot :)Happy landings!!!John

Hey John as you know I feel the same way about VC's but considering most users who purchased this add-on in the days of FS2k2, a fixed product is a welcomed event. I've (and many others in my shoes) have written this add-on off as wasted money a long time ago. Considering it took SSW over a year+ to give us version 1.5, asking for a fully interactive VC would be wasted breath on anyone's part to say the least. If the request was taken seriously we wouldn't see anything for another six months to a year I would guess. At this point I'll just take a finished product in the original intent of the designers (after all it was originally written for FS2k2). Contrary to popular belief I know when it's useless you bother asking for something. The PMDG 737 has always been a resource hog on my system even in its latest incarnation. The PMDG 737 is still a classic worth while add-on for any simmer to own nevertheless. The PMDG 747 is basically useless to me at this point because of the stuttering problem and FMC issues that are well documented on PMDG's forums by various users. The SSW easily out performs both of the PMDG add-ons on my system with the 1.5 patch but that

FS2020 

Doesn't the A310 have a lot more in common with the typical non-FBW type airliner than with the A320 and further series of FBW planes though? I think when most people refer to wanting a "hardcore" Airbus, they're talking about the more modern ones with the FBW right?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

It's got a yoke, not a joystick.Some people say that the SSW A310 has unrealistic engine performance, is this true?Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest VAA_008

Can anyone provide a link to whatever SSW stands for?Thank you

Well guys I tested everything I can think of short of a long/short haul flight using the FMC.Patch 1.5 passes with flying colors. The autopilot is rock solid for the most part. One has to be aware that you can't fly this plane using Autopilot past 4X acceleration. Another thing to note is when using autolanding you must have the plane set up with full flaps and speed adjusted accordingly as you intercept the GS. Manually punch in the coordinates when intercepting the ILS until you

FS2020