Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

Install to P3D v3?

I attempted an install using the P3D v2 button on the installer.  I got a message that the installation could not find the AppData/ Roaming/ Lockheed Martin folder.  How should I install?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Disregard

Disregard because:

• It is not compatible with P3D V3?
  • You have found a solution?

I'm considering to buy the Hawker but Carenado web site says it is only compatible with V2.

Is that correct?

I have recently purchased a new computer with Wn10 and P3D V3 preloaded.

I tried to reinstall the Hawker with no success. I am not sure what a "migration tool" is?? Is that part of P3D, or part of the Hawker installer or an outside program. I am still learning the LM flightsim environment.

Thanks,

Raymie

I have recently purchased a new computer with Wn10 and P3D V3 preloaded.

I tried to reinstall the Hawker with no success. I am not sure what a "migration tool" is?? Is that part of P3D, or part of the Hawker installer or an outside program. I am still learning the LM flightsim environment.

Thanks,

Raymie

It's a third party app to get either FSX only aircraft or P3D V1 or V2 only aircraft to work with V3. I have had much success with it so far on many different aircraft. 

I have posted a link below. 

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsx-to-prepare3d-migration-tool.phtml

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the link! I will look further into this migration tool as there are some aircraft from A2A and other vendors I would like to have in P3D v.3

Raymie

The latest version is supposedly compatible with v3 but until I renamed the "v3" folders to "v2" in the program directory and the user directory, installed it, and renamed those folders back to their original names I couldn't get the Navigraph progress bar to move past 0%.  Instead the progress bar is now frozen at -1001% (not a misprint!) and though I can click the FMC I can't effect it.  And Carenado support is no help.