Ok this error is driving me nuts. For the past 2 months i have tried everything from google search and following recommended solutions.

My MB is an ASUS Z87-A and i've been using driver updater pro to update all my drivers! I'm running the latest BIOS from ASUS Z87-A support site.

I have returned my BIOS to default so no OC and still receive this error. Anyone got a magic bullet solution? Maybe wipe my MB and reinstall all drivers from my CD i got with my MB?

Its happening on 3 of my hardware stuff i have plugged in. Jetmax TQ 737 throttle, turtle beach headset and my wifi dongle. It happens randomly one day it will be my headset etc. But not all at once though.

I need to restart my PC to fix it or go into device driver and click troubleshoot and that reinstalls the driver but it comes back.

Windows 7

Vernon Howells

Go to ASUS site and manually download the USB drivers for your board. 3.0 / 2.0 all the USB choices they have. 

I have solved some issues by getting a powered USB hub and plugged all the finicky devices in there. 

The point is that the USB hubs should be "mains" powered though.

Code 10 can be a driver or device issue as I' m sure you've found out.

Mains powered through? My usb hub is connected to a mains socket if thats what you mean?

Yeh but three devices? Its all new hardware.

Vernon Howells

Generally most USB hubs have the USB cable to the PC and a secondary power cable to your wall outlet. I believe that is what what Martin means, I have never heard of Mains powered through.

USB2 drivers are in the operating system (Win7) so you won't get those from Asus.

I suppose you have tried reinstalling or deleting/reinstalling via Device Manager?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Generally most USB hubs have the USB cable to the PC and a secondary power cable to your wall outlet. I believe that is what what Martin means, I have never heard of Mains powered through.

Precisely. USB hubs are available powered or unpowered. Mains powered is of course defined as powered from the electrical mains. Many USB hubs have no suplementary mains power. I had an issue with a device myself for this reason. Switched to powered hub and all was well.

Hi sorry. USB CODE this device failed to start! Its my OC thats causing it if i return BIOS to ASUS OPTIMAL OC its fine

Vernon Howells

Oh right. Sorry I should have suggested that, always the first thing to do when troubleshooting an overclocked PC is to set to optimised defaults.

Hi sorry. USB CODE this device failed to start! Its my OC thats causing it if i return BIOS to ASUS OPTIMAL OC its fine

Bit of a Catch 22 there then.

Did you do the OC yourself?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.