Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

P3D v2.4/Orbx South Cal (KSAN) Citation 550 departure...

all three graphic sliders at full;

ASN for v2.4

Vector (roads and such); UTX (latest version(s))

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

san3.png

san1.png

san2.png

san4.png
  • Upvote 1

San Diego is looking great.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Hi...

Great set - and looks fantastic... I was stationed on the sub base on Point Loma back in the 80's/90's - are there any submarines modeled ? Then I worked out on San Clemete Island and we took the weekly Convair 440 flights from North Island NAS for our commute... My old stomping grounds never looked so good...

Looks like your frames are reasonable as well...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi...

Great set - and looks fantastic... I was stationed on the sub base on Point Loma back in the 80's/90's - are there any submarines modeled ? Then I worked out on San Clemete Island and we took the weekly Convair 440 flights from North Island NAS for our commute... My old stomping grounds never looked so good...

Looks like your frames are reasonable as well...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,  This really is my first flight out of San Diego...so didn't do a slow and view G.A. over what's modeled below. I'll do that, and if I see a sub crib...I'll post it in a screen shot.  I have been testing and paring down my FPS generation, to see how low I can go, yet maintain excellent smoothness and action. For myself, 33 FPS with Vsync and triple buffering engaged is producing amazing results. I most probably will stick with this, and let the CPU produce other areas, that were going into the high FPS's in unlimited mode.  I also found that people that might have recent issues with their screen output going to sheer black, with only sound, but no full CTD...yet..you need to end your session, might be linked to the latest driver suites and running in unlimited mode, with the likes of 770's and 980's series of cards. I had tried the last two driver sets, and even my GTX680 would give me a dump to a black screen, with no chance of visual recovery, at 1-8 minutes into the flight session or greater time interval...no warning...whenever...and dump to black.

Since having locked the FPS to a setting of 33, and running with Vsync, plus Triple Buffering...no such black screen any more...whether the flight session be 10 minutes or 2 hours or greater.  I might have stumbled onto something here...

So, is it true...you submariners got steak and lobster on the food rotation:? 

Cheers,

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

LOL - we did eat well - I've seen guys gorge themselves on Lobster, Crab Legs, Fillet Mignon, Chateau Briand, Steaks until they were sick - it wasn't every night but we had the good stuff at least once or twice a week... Our food was a step above the rest of the Navy - that's for sure... Hopefully you had a good cook... What you really missed was fresh milk, vegetables, and fruit (even if you didn't eat much of it while in port) as they wouldn't last long once deployed... Milk was usually gone within a week or so - then the powdered stuff came out - ugh...

:wink:

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

That is the prettiest 550 I have ever seen...   :wink:

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Is HT on or off?

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

That's the only 550 I've seen that actually looks like a CX750! :Thinking:

• Upvote 1