Sign in to follow this  
Iwerbrouck

FSX freezes when order "descent cheklist" in Amsterdam

Hello everyone,

First of all, what a nice product FS2Crew, it takes some time to learn, but now, i cant fly without. I'm using it nearly a year without problems.

This week foor the first time a flight from EBBR (Brussels) to EHAM (Amsterdam) start descending, FSX freezes without saying why, a second time, a third time, problem persists!

Using latest version 2.3 voice.... but, i happens the moment you say descent cheklist. I just just skipped this item and went direct to Approach cheklist....found it! Everything works normal.

Found on the net that it could be that de airport is very low, indeed Amsterdam EHAM 13 feet. The readback of the FO provokes the crash of FSX!!

Is there a solution to this problem ?, it's not elegant to skip the descent item...

Thank You!!

Ivan Werbrouck

Yes, wednesday,before my last test, i did exactly this update.... update was without problem, but afterwards ...again FSX crash when you speak "descent checklist"

No solution...are there other things to consider?

Ivan Werbrouck

Ok, here are my last results, just did the flight again, simply to be sure, same problem, inbound Amsterdam (EHAM) after saying descent cheklist, 2 sec later FSX crash...I tought ok, i do the flight in the oposite way, going from EHAM (Amsterdam) elev 13 feet, to EBBR (Brussels) elev 128 feet, no problem desent checlist normal behavior...

I'm sorry, it seems that there is still something wrong in the code...

I'll search an airport wi​th an elevation like EHAM (Amsterdam) to see what happens...any sugestion ? Can someone fly this flight (very short) EBBR to EHAM ?

Thanks!

Ivan Werbrouck

Sorry, can't follow this time, i use my headset cause i need a microphone. My audiocard has 2 connexions, micro and speakers and that is where my headset is connected on.

Ivan Werbrouck

Sorry, can't follow this time, i use my headset cause i need a microphone. My audiocard has 2 connexions, micro and speakers and that is where my headset is connected on.

Ivan Werbrouck

Send me a Support Ticket via: www.fs2crew.com

Thanks,

Hi Bryan!

I have the same issue with the Decent-Checklist going into EHAM (negative elevation) as mentioned above.

FS crashes while FO is reading the Checklist. In event viewer I can see it’s because of the Fs2audio.dll

I already installed the update you mentioned (http://www.fs2crew.com/cart/pages/FS2Crew%3A-iFly-737NG-Edition.html) but nothing changed

The FS2Crew interface says its Version 2.2 and I can also see that some files are updated

Also tried switching between Headset and other speakers as you suggested above

I am using the ifly 737 Voice Version in FS9.1 on a Win 7 64 Prof System

Running it for quite some time now, no other issues so far.

Everything is switched of, no Antivirus on this Computer

Also tried downloading it from another PC, just to be sure

Is there any solution in the meantime??

Thanks

Cheers

Stefan

Are you positive you installed the update from here?

http://www.fs2crew.com/cart/pages/FS2Crew%3A-iFly-737NG-Edition.html

The problem  was -is- the negative altitude in the database for the elevation.

Also try re-installing your nav data.

I could never reproduce this using the latest version.

did the install of the update (your link) and the nav-cycle (Navigraph 1609) again, nothing changed.

Still get the crash while FO is doing the Decent checklist into EHAM, no other issues with FS2Crew...

is there a file i can manually change (without the installer), just to be sure?

I assume changing the FS2audio.dll wont help either?

thanks

Stefan