Sign in to follow this  
clive6354

ECL DISPLAY

Hello

I am using the fantastic B777-300

When viewing the ECL display I find it very awkward that the various settings for the display are are positioned far over on the right of the MCP display. At the moment I do not use Track IR which will probably make viewing of the ECL display easier The only way I can think of viewing the ECL settings is bring up the EFIS MCP RIGHT panel

Is it possible to change the position of the ECL display?

Is there an easier way to view the ECL screen ECL settings?

Should I get "Track IR" even with only one monitor

Any advice most welcome

Clive Alexander

Hi again

I have solved my problem

silly me...I did not realise that the ECL display panel pops out

I would like to try "Track IR" but so expensive and cannot make up my mind if it any use with a single monitor or is it more suited to dual monitors

Clive Alexander

I don't have Track IR but I use the mouse/spacebar method and it works pretty well. It takes awhile to get used to but its less expensive!

Hi,

To me it doesn't matter how many monitors you have, it's more of a matter of personal preferences.

I have two monitors (one for windowed fsx, the other one for other programs and charts). I'm using the track IR and I could not image flying without it anymore since I have started flying in VC. It gets the simulation more immersive as you don't have to care anymore about the view control, it just follows your head.

Once you get used to it, you can quickly look at a panel to flip a switch or check for data, or look around for the situation awareness while your hands are on the yoke.

I find it definitely more responsive and handy than having to control the view with the mouse or joystick POV.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

TrackIR will be the second best investment for flight simulation behind a good set of controls. It is incredible and once you start flying, you won't be able to without. I use a single monitor and its great.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing