Sign in to follow this  
tjeuten

ASN integration no longer working since new installers

I've got only one PMDG\WX folder, and that is located at C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\PMDG\WX, so basically at the location where it is supposed to be, under the FSX root install

making  progress   here  at last  worked  out  the  wx  issue  now  to work out  the flight  plan why its not autoloading  to asn. 

The issue  for  me   was   stupid   didn't  think of  it  some how  in my flight plan  folder  I had  2  folders  77  and  a  777  got  rid of  the 77  folder  and  now  the  wx   file  gets  uploaded  to the  wx  folder  and  now  works in the upload  of  the t7  fmc

Capture.png

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Peter, could you check that, when you load/activate a route in the 777 FMC, a file called WX.PLN is generated (or updated) in your "Flight Simulator X Files" folder, located under your "my documents" folder ?

Cause that is the issue on my side, that WX.PLN file is never generated.

Mathieu Souphy

Peter, could you check that, when you load/activate a route in the 777 FMC, a file called WX.PLN is generated (or updated) in your "Flight Simulator X Files" folder, located under your "my documents" folder ?

Errr guess what back to square one again, i had re installed the t7 and only had the base package in, tested it that all is well, added some liveries and nope the descent forcecast get invalid response. But it works if i manually add the flight plan in asn as i said it takes a extra 5 seconds to do this compared now the whole day chasing my tail but to square one. si i guess i got 2 choices leave it or might try to delete my livireries to see if it works let you know later on

To your question yes i did get wx file in my fsx simulation folder when it was working before

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm about to do my first flight in the 777 after updating to the latest version, and I have encountered the same problem. Luckily, I solved it! The 777 is sending the WX.PLN file to the Steam folder in My Docs instead of the default FSX folder. And ASN is looking for the file in the FSX folder. Redirect ASN to the Steam folder and it should solve the problem. 

Hi Fareed,

thanks for posting. Yes this were my findings yesterday too, I've got a PMDG ticket open with this issue, and noticed my findings to Ryan from PMDG but he hasn't replied yet, so I wasn't sure I could post the workaround here, but I guess it doesn't harm.

What I did was create a symbolic link from "My Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files" to my "My Documents\Flight Simulator Files". I did that by using following command in a command prompt (run as admin) on the My Documents folders:

mklink /D "Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files" "D:\Users\msoup\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files"

(replace "D:\users\msoup" by your own path to your user profile where your documents are stored)

So now the T7 generates the WX.PLN file in the correct folder, through the symbolic link, and ASN picks it up correctly. No need to redirect ASN.

ps: Symbolic link is NOT the same as a shortcut. Creating it as a shortcut won't work.

Mathieu

• Upvote 1

Mathieu Souphy

Ok so got the confirmation from Ryan that this is indeed the issue, and that they are looking into fixing it and will then probably release new installers in the near future.

Disclaimer: the workaround I posted above is at your own risk, so only use it if you more or less know what you're doing. Once PMDG fixes the issue, you should remove the symbolic link you created (which can be done from the Windows file explorer)...

Mathieu Souphy

good  to know   they  will be fixing  the issue  will save  me some  5  seconds  each flight that I do in the t7 :Tounge:

Peter kelberg

Hi,

I also have problem with proper auto uplink funcionality in PMDG 777, since about month...

Every option is set properly, I mean:

- “CREATE AND LOAD TO FSX” option in PMDG FCDU,
- "Auto load flight plan" in ASN

I found that I have TWO folders with simulator files:

"C:\Users\...\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files"
and
"C:\Users\...\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files"

It's strange, because I have ONLY FSX:SE installed on fresh Windows 10.

I also found that WX.PLN is created by PMDG in the "...\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files"

Log from ASN says that FSXMyDocPath is "...\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files".

So, folders matches... but ASN does not automatically load the plan - why?

However, I suspect that ASN is still seeking WX.PLN in "...\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files", because when I start the flight, configure FMC (WX.PLN is created) then move WX.PLN to "...\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files" folder and then request forecast, ASN automatically loads the plan and uplink data works.

What is going on?

Why I have two FSX Documents Files folder, even so I have only FSX:SE?

How to force ASN to seek WX.PLN file in "...\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files" folder?

...and the final question is - why everything works fine month ago? :)

Lucas

I found that I have TWO folders with simulator files:

"C:\Users\...\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files"
and
"C:\Users\...\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files"

It's strange, because I have ONLY FSX:SE installed on fresh Windows 10.

I also found that WX.PLN is created by PMDG in the "...\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files"

Log from ASN says that FSXMyDocPath is "...\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files".

So, folders matches... but ASN does not automatically load the plan - why?

Hi, Lucas,

In a single FSX Steam install I don't think you should have a folder called "...\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files".  That should only be there if you have a dual install.  I suspect that you used to have FSX Box and that there are still traces of it in the Windows registry.  So Steam wrongly detected FSX Box as being installed.

I'm not an expert on registry cleaners but there are threads about registry cleaners on this forum.  I think PMDG has one but I'm not finding it at the moment.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Mike,

thanks for reply... however - as I mentioned - I installed SE on clean Windows 10 installation.

In a single FSX Steam install I don't think you should have a folder called "...\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files". That should only be there if you have a dual install.

Hey Mike,

Can I just confuse the issue a bit ?  On my PC I have a \Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files\ folder, created August last year.  And I haven't got (or ever had) FSX SE : only FSX Acceleration boxed edition, which I installed two years ago on my then brand-new PC !  This "steam folder" only contains the flights associated with the NGX Tutorial #2, all dated 22/02/2012.  Any more recent files - even the WX.PLN file that some posters are having issues with - are in the \Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\ folder as I would expect (the Tutorial #2 files are also there).  Absolutely no idea what would have created the folder for Steam Edition files...

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Can  confirm the  same  here  never  had  fsx-se  on my  pc  and  have  the  same  as  you Emile    sounds  like  we  need  to call  scully  and  mulder  into  this  case;0

Peter kelberg

Can I just confuse the issue a bit ? On my PC I have a \Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files\ folder, created August last year. And I haven't got (or ever had) FSX SE : only FSX Acceleration boxed edition, which I installed two years ago on my then brand-new PC ! This "steam folder" only contains the flights associated with the NGX Tutorial #2, all dated 22/02/2012. Any more recent files - even the WX.PLN file that some posters are having issues with - are in the \Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\ folder as I would expect (the Tutorial #2 files are also there). Absolutely no idea what would have created the folder for Steam Edition files...

Hi, Emile,

Just a guess: since recent versions of the NGX (and the 777) are designed to install into Steam as well as the boxed version, maybe the NGX creates that folder to install the tutorial #2 files -- if there is no Steam version (or Steam is  the only version), they just sit there.  Looking at my own, dual installation, I do have the NGX tutorial #2 files in my steam documents folder, but none for the 777 (since there are no flight setup files for the 777 tutorial). 

You could try renaming the folder and see if everything still works OK with the NGX.

You can shoot down my guess if you have an older install of the NGX!

thanks for reply... however - as I mentioned - I installed SE on clean Windows 10 installation.

Hi Lukasz,

If you had an earlier version of Windows with the FSX Box version, the new Windows 10 install might have carried over stuff from the older registry. 

However, maybe all 777 & NGX installs using recent, Steam-enabled installers create the -SE folder, as appears to have happened with Pete and Emile (who only have Box).

Is Steam using the Documents...FSX-Se folder (for example when you save flights or flight plans) or is it using the normal documents ...FSX folder?   What happens when you save a flight using the NGX or 777?  Where do the saved files show up?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Mike,

If you had an earlier version of Windows with the FSX Box version, the new Windows 10 install might have carried over stuff from the older registry.

I installed Windows 10 after format partition (it is not an update).

Is Steam using the Documents...FSX-Se folder (for example when you save flights or flight plans) or is it using the normal documents ...FSX folder?   What happens when you save a flight using the NGX or 777?  Where do the saved files show up?

- Flights are saved in FSX Documents.

- WX.PLN file is created by 777 in FSX-SE Documents.

- ASN seeks WX.PLN in FSX Documents, so this is the reason that auto load flight in ASN doesn't work.

- Temporary deleting FSX-SE Documents folder doesn't help -> 777 doesn't want to create WX.PLN in FSX Documents folder, but it also doesn't create new FSX-SE Documents folder where it could be able create WX.PLN.

I hope that is readable ;)

It is all strange because 1 or 2 months ago everything worked well. It looks like installation of <something> caused this issue.

If I could force ASN to read WX.PLN in FSX-SE Documents, I think it will resolve this problem...

Just a guess: since recent versions of the NGX (and the 777) are designed to install into Steam as well as the boxed version, maybe the NGX creates that folder to install the tutorial #2 files -- if there is no Steam version (or Steam is the only version), they just sit there. Looking at my own, dual installation, I do have the NGX tutorial #2 files in my steam documents folder, but none for the 777 (since there are no flight setup files for the 777 tutorial).

You could try renaming the folder and see if everything still works OK with the NGX.

Hey Mike, thanks for the feedback.  That would explain it.  Will have a try at that over the weekend, just out of interest.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg