After mega tries and forum help, I  already have a successful SimConnect setup : am running my vPilot on a client---I guess this means SCnnct is talking across the network from server to client.

After reading the Networking section in the ASN manual:

*  Do I need another license to install ASN on my client (XP) ?

*  Is the client SimConnect located inside the ASN program, then, on my client?

Thanks for your help.

Doug 

Running FSX SE on server

After mega tries and forum help, I  already have a successful SimConnect setup : am running my vPilot on a client---I guess this means SCnnct is talking across the network from server to client.

After reading the Networking section in the ASN manual, and downloading ASN to the XP client, where do I extract the Sim Connect exe that I downloaded? (Client does not have FSX installed.)

---

Thanks for your help.

Doug 

You don't need an additional license to install Active Sky on a client. Just either install on main machine or client; but not both.

Thanks for your help.

Doug 

Running FSX SE on server

Hi Doug,

Simconnect.xml should be located in the simulator's AppData path on the server.  Simconnect.cfg should be located in the user's My Documents folder. Here is a link for additional instructions, if needed.  Thanks!

http://hifisupport.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/0/instructions-for-networked-configuration-with-simconnect

Thanks for your help.

Doug 

Running FSX SE on server

Hi Doug,

Simconnect.xml should be located in the simulator's AppData path on the server.  Simconnect.cfg should be located in the user's My Documents folder. Here is a link for additional instructions, if needed.  Thanks!

http://hifisupport.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/0/instructions-for-networked-configuration-with-simconnect

I have a successful SimConnect already set up for another FSX SE addon: vPilot.  Do I now set up another .xml and .cfg file for ASN within that sap AppData path?

Doug