Sign in to follow this  
abasa12

Blurry LOD Ground Textures

Simmers, 

I'm having an issue in the sim, and I've been trying to mess around with my settings to fix it to no avail. The issue is in the ground LOD, wherein anything more than 50 feet in front of the aircraft becomes super blocky and blurry. The attached photo is from FlightBeam KSFO, though I have experienced the same issue at other airports. As for settings, I've basically tried with everything on max, and nothing is fixed (full texture, mesh, tesselation, LOD, MSAA, FXAA, and texture filtering) to no avail. The texture LOD still remains abysmal. Any suggestions on settings to play around with that might fix this issue?

Thanks!!

Bjm4rAV.jpg

This is usually controlled by the anisotropic filtering (the texture filter nowadays used, before it was trilinear filtering). Check this setting inside P3D, do you have it activated?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Could also be FXAA in the Nvidia Controlpanel. needs to be off

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

No, FXAA has no influence on the way how textures are rendered, as it is a post-processing filter which is applied AFTER the whole picture is rendered.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Simmers, 

I'm having an issue in the sim, and I've been trying to mess around with my settings to fix it to no avail. The issue is in the ground LOD, wherein anything more than 50 feet in front of the aircraft becomes super blocky and blurry. The attached photo is from FlightBeam KSFO, though I have experienced the same issue at other airports. As for settings, I've basically tried with everything on max, and nothing is fixed (full texture, mesh, tesselation, LOD, MSAA, FXAA, and texture filtering) to no avail. The texture LOD still remains abysmal. Any suggestions on settings to play around with that might fix this issue?

Thanks!!

Are you using P3DV3.1 and have Dynamic Reflections turned on?

If so try turning them off.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

For everybody that is experiencing performance issues… It would be really helpful if you provided some context ...at a very minimum, In the form of…

Where are your sliders,

...and what Are your CPU/GPU specs?

Machine specs are most appropriately placed inside of your profile so we don't have to ask time after time .

Cheers,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I reverted back to driver version 347.25. Now textures are crisp and clear again on my NVidia GTX 580.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!