Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Will you be first to get one as always Rob ;-)?

Read about a rumoured Intel CPU that might be exactly what we flight simmers want...very high clock out of the box and only 4 cores.

Looking at how the hardware is utilized by today's versions of flight sims where people disable HT and so on to me this CPU almost feels like it's meant for us :wink:

You can read more about it here and I bet Rob will be the first one in here getting one and then he will convince me to get one as well...I better start saving up already :D

http://wccftech.com/intel-rumored-launch-51-ghz-xeon-e52602-v4-processor-broadwellep-lineup-features-165w-tdp/

Edited to add after reading the full article myself that it might become very hard to get your hands on one of these when and if they arrive...

Richard Åsberg

Interesting read in the comment section..

Well lets go off facts. It currently sells for $420, costing $80 more than a 4790K $340, which is still available. So that's %23½ more costly (not taking into account motherboards, memory etc..) than DC. All that for a 5.7% (6% with DDR4) increase in IPC? It's not like you're going to save on power either, under load it uses more power than DC.

3c8333132586a1f4d5c1b0c5390aa95a1bb03d8a

ZORAN

Interesting read in the comment section..

Well lets go off facts. It currently sells for $420, costing $80 more than a 4790K $340, which is still available. So that's %23½ more costly (not taking into account motherboards, memory etc..) than DC. All that for a 5.7% (6% with DDR4) increase in IPC? It's not like you're going to save on power either, under load it uses more power than DC.

But you took that out of its context. That was about the i7 6700K, not the new 5.1GHz XEON, for which there's no price nor power details yet!

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

The article stated that this chip is not meant for consumers like us.  I still use a now ancient i7-2700K OC 4.8Ghz still works fine.  My next update, if at all will be in 2017.  I live in Canada and the 44% drop in CAD is making computer parts 40-50% more expensive.  At this rate, my desktop will probably dies first before I get a new one. :Hmmmph:

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020