Sign in to follow this  
Scupper

Glideslope intercept

OK I got the clip, 8:30 and 550mb - should be able to manage that OK. I'll try and get it uploaded this evening during the off-peak.

Here's the video. The flight was from KMSO Missoula to KGEG Spokane flying the MLP.HILIE2 arrval and ILS03 approach with the GEG transition. You can see I made a couple attempts to engage APPR at 1:37, couple more attempts at 3:01, then at 3:20 the GS indicator starts to move so one more attempt at 3:31 and it still won't engage. At 3:36 I clicked the VS button one time and then clicked APPR again, for some reason the VS button click sorts the problem and allows APPR to be engaged. The AP then captures the glideslope as expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fznf6jCjQvQ

Jim,

Perfect this is exactly the same as I saw the one time it failed with me. LOC 1 was active but it would not select GS on the vertical mode. I'll send this link to Carenado. 

First flight and found the 1st thread after looking for answers on the exact same issue at my home airport KGRK, ILS 33.

Also hoping down the road Ed's mods get in.

Recommendation from Carenado is to disable FSUIPC.  

What's that supposed to do?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

According to Carenado "...maybe that is the cause as FSUIPC uses the simulator´s codes to work and we overwrite those codes in order to get more realistic systems and behavior..."

I politely thanked them for their recommended solution and informed them this is not a long term solution for me. 

It didn't change anything anyway, still have to click the VS button before you can click the APPR button. Not that big a deal once you know what to do but it's not right.

It didn't change anything anyway, still have to click the VS button before you can click the APPR button. Not that big a deal once you know what to do but it's not right.

Jim do you have the Hawker and is that flight Pro-line system working the same as this Bird - had that working pretty good but after new pc build I have forgotten all of it - may pick up this one - the exterior doesnt have that clean wow factor the flight1 king Air has - They need to clean up there paints - thanks

Rich Sennett

I don't have the Hawker Rich, err, this is my first of the Carenavigraph planes. :smile: It's plenty flyable though, last night I did a flight from KSMO to KSTS, programmed the departure, arrival, and approach, flew it as expected with no problems (well I didn't try VNAV but...) You sorta have to learn how to trick it into doing what you want sometimes, lol.

My biggest complaint is no way to look up an ATIS or ILS freq which I remedied by installing the FS9 gps on a pop up (it competes with the FMS so don't try to use it as a GPS, just look things up with it). I also put the default CRJ 700 autopilot on the pop up because I was wearing out my mousewheel on the panel mounted HDG knob (the right click 10s increment doesn't work for me). When I did that I also noticed when the APPR button on the panel is unclickable as in the video, the APPR button on the CRJ autopilot works fine.

This one seems pretty clean to me, here's a closeup:

c90_gtx_05.jpg

I don't have the Hawker Rich, err, this is my first of the Carenavigraph planes. :smile: It's plenty flyable though, last night I did a flight from KSMO to KSTS, programmed the departure, arrival, and approach, flew it as expected with no problems (well I didn't try VNAV but...) You sorta have to learn how to trick it into doing what you want sometimes, lol.

My biggest complaint is no way to look up an ATIS or ILS freq which I remedied by installing the FS9 gps on a pop up (it competes with the FMS so don't try to use it as a GPS, just look things up with it). I also put the default CRJ 700 autopilot on the pop up because I was wearing out my mousewheel on the panel mounted HDG knob (the right click 10s increment doesn't work for me). When I did that I also noticed when the APPR button on the panel is unclickable as in the video, the APPR button on the CRJ autopilot works fine.

This one seems pretty clean to me, here's a closeup:

Great pic Jim thanks for info - what I mean is if you look at original Hawker and my new repaints you will see what I mean - day and night - and if I work some magic with this you will see a difference :wink:

Use quickils install makerunways first works awesome luv that little program

To bad you dont own Hawker its an awesome looking bird and proline probably works just like this one - you have to figure out the quirks - if Carenado could clean up some of those issues they would have excellent products

Saw your video gave it a thumbs up - thanks for that - been doing my homework  :wink:

What impresses me on this C90 is the lading gear - looks very detailed

Rich Sennett

I don't have the Hawker Rich

By the way Jim the ils and course is in the fms - once you put in destination airport it puts it in for you but if using saitek radio panel just make sure they match - no need to look it up

Rich Sennett