Sign in to follow this  
dutton98

Blurred ground textures

Hi there, 

So a while back when I had my P3D V2, i had the sim looking the best ever, the ground textures were crisp, no blurries i even had th Fiber tweak set to .01 and there was no blurries. After going on holidays to overseas for 4 months, i returned home only a few weeks ago. Downloaded P3D V3.1.

Now when i fly, i just get blurries. It seems the textures dont look crisp anymore and in the distance the autogen is there, but underneath it just looks blurry. I tried the same settings i had in V2, dosent seem to work. 

i have read many forums and pages to say that the best way to get P3D to work is to not tweak at all, ive tried that. I have tried setting the FPS to limit of 30 did nothing for the ground textures, i have removed my affinity mask and fiber tweak and i just cant get the sim to look as good as i had it. I can get it stutterless, and also good smooth fps, but i cant get the crisp sharp textures. 

Can anyone give me any suggestions, on how they have there textures loading fast and crisp. I like to think i have an alright system ( I5 4670k 4,4ghz, Gtx 770 and 16gb ram )  Its just these dam blurries. 

Any hints? 

Hi,

often it's indeed bad tweaks causing blurries. As you may know, there are several types of blurries. The ones in the distance being continually there, and the close ones clearing up when you apporach them. 

The first type is always connected to the CPU, not the GPU. On the other hand, distant blurries can't be completely removed. Maximum LOD has been locked by LM and can't be extended any further. I wouldn't exclude LM to change this one day, though. From time to time the subject is raised on the LM forum. 

I found two points of help: (i) Setting process priority to "High" in the Process Manager (that's against the first variant). (ii) Choosing proper zoom and visibility settings (that's against the second variant).

There are some amazing P3D3 screenshots on the ORBX forum showing clear textures using proper settings, i.e. http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/109646-l70-agua-dulce-p3dv3/ (just in case you have access to it).

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hi,

often it's indeed bad tweaks causing blurries. As you may know, there are several types of blurries. The ones in the distance being continually there, and the close ones clearing up when you apporach them. 

The first type is always connected to the CPU, not the GPU. On the other hand, distant blurries can't be completely removed. Maximum LOD has been locked by LM and can't be extended any further. I wouldn't exclude LM to change this one day, though. From time to time the subject is raised on the LM forum. 

I found two points of help: (i) Setting process priority to "High" in the Process Manager (that's against the first variant). (ii) Choosing proper zoom and visibility settings (that's against the second variant).

There are some amazing P3D3 screenshots on the ORBX forum showing clear textures using proper settings, i.e. http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/109646-l70-agua-dulce-p3dv3/ (just in case you have access to it).

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks heaps for the reply Michael, ill have a go at setting the process priority to high. Yeah those screenshots are beautiful, would love to achieve the same as that.

Thanks again

Try dropping the framelimiter to about 30 instead of "unlimited".

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Try a clean reinstall of your NVidia drivers - latest version. Cured my blurries.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Try a clean reinstall of your NVidia drivers - latest version. Cured my blurries.

How is the best way to do that?

You check the "clean install" option when installing the NVidia drivers.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

You check the "clean install" option when installing the NVidia drivers.

Beautiful, cheers

Setting process priority higher on one app only saves up a list of tiny events to fire later all at once. Don't touch process priority. LOL

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Setting process priority higher on one app only saves up a list of tiny events to fire later all at once. Don't touch process priority. LOL

I'm with you, this can cause more problems than it solves. I leave process priority alone. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I'm with you, this can cause more problems than it solves. I leave process priority alone.

Good one Bob. I've noticed you're an astute young fellow. :D

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com